Finally - first 2 gold day for the year!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to change things up and go fresh instead of salt today - we've had a drought this year so some freshwater spots are lower than normal - which means I can get out with snorkel a little farther than normal.
Day did not get off on the right foot - my GF wanted to sleep in - so I let her - no tide to worry about
but then we were rushing to get going and after 45 mins on the road - was doing an inventory of gear in my head - forgot my dive boots
I don't do bare feet...if I had my bad sneakers would have worn those but had my new ones - so had to stop and get some foot gear along the way
Got there at 3pm - got a ways out - one of the first items I found was a swimming pin - oldie
I thought it was a piece of scrap copper and did not know what I had till I dumped my pouch at the end of the hunt - I think its cool
then a guy on a jet ski road up and started yelling at me that Im gonna get hit - I pretty much told him to f off - he said I should have something on my head - thing is I was hunting at an actual beach on a lake - there were others doing laps way out with me and these guys should not have been where we were - but town pulled in all the buoys after Labor day - which is stupid cause people still swim on weekends up here - waters still warm
Sooo- Im told him he better watch out now that he knows Im there - lake is huge but they got to drive in close to the beach and check out the girls in their bikinis - guy sounded like he was Russian - needless to say - did not see him near me again - I then hit aluminum fair token and then Buffalo near by. I then got a deep target in the muck and took 3 scoops to get it - thru the murk I thought I saw glint of gold and was surprised to see nice band in the bottom of my scoop. Worked for another 1 1/2 hours getting a few Wheaties and some other newer coins ...got a nice sterling relig. medal - Sun was dropping behind the tall trees and breeze was picking up - could see my gal covering up with blanket. Told myself - "just one more gold and I'll call it a day"
About 10 mins later I got a nice deep signal again and was surprised by gold 1970 class ring in the bottom of my scoop. Started heading straight towards my GF - got another target and started to swing over spot and my upper rod snapped - was not from pressure - just wore thru it ...so my day was ended anyways - was lucky it did not break before the class ring.
920caspr.JPG 920casp.JPG
ring after lite cleaning
920casgold.JPG 920relic.JPG
I think pin is from early 1900s

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Some cool stuff, love the Gold but that pin is a keeper!!

j.m.k

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could find a class ring like that some day but chances are next to zero where I live :BangHead:

Nice finds though!

Soflhunter

Sep 15, 2015
SoFl
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 ~ CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You had a great day!!

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Those two are beauties, Congrats! animated_dog_with_thumbs_up_saying_way_to_go.gif

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! Are you slacking! And I thought I was having a bad year. I'm sure you'll get hot. Cool pin! :occasion14:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!! Congratulations!!:hello2:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! Are you slacking! And I thought I was having a bad year. I'm sure you'll get hot. Cool pin! :occasion14:
Not first 2 gold for the year - first 2 gold in one day

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, you and OBN deserve everything you find and then some. I enjoy seeing you two posting because you guys are doing what I want to do when I grow up (unfortunately I am 60). I am rather surprised that this is your first 2 gold day since you are always posting. Keep up the good work and congratulations on your Dailey Double.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Extraordinary hunt, Casper!:notworthy:

Love that vintage pin!

Lorraine

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, you and OBN deserve everything you find and then some. I enjoy seeing you two posting because you guys are doing what I want to do when I grow up (unfortunately I am 60). I am rather surprised that this is your first 2 gold day since you are always posting. Keep up the good work and congratulations on your Dailey Double.
First 2 gold day - this year- I been hammering the silver - especially in the coin dept.
Ive only been in the water 32 times I think = got 19 gold - all singles except for this hunt
and Ive worked for every one of them - none came easy yet

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Forgot to add: very nice silver finds; love that religious medal:headbang:

Lorraine

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting on my first two gold day of the summer...congrats on the double gold...that class ring is nice...the jet skis on the lakes piss me off all the time...they got the whole lake to ride but they want to buzz the beach at 50 miles an hour...its like "hey look at me"...very dangerous.

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
32 times and 19 golds? You sir, are NEVER allowed to complain about ANYTHING

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions: