Excalibur damaged machines wanted for parts

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too.
I have always been curious about the excalibur and don't see myself buying one as I have a CTX and others. I am an unemployed electronics engineer and would love the challenge of taking a water damaged or physically damaged unit and resurrecting it. Mainly need intact pcb - I may be able to fix damaged traces/components on it. Fixed a surf pi that way and a gp extreme with blown front end fets. I want to keep it forever - not really interested in starting a repair service.

Barry

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Me too.
I have always been curious about the excalibur and don't see myself buying one as I have a CTX and others. I am an unemployed electronics engineer and would love the challenge of taking a water damaged or physically damaged unit and resurrecting it. Mainly need intact pcb - I may be able to fix damaged traces/components on it. Fixed a surf pi that way and a gp extreme with blown front end fets. I want to keep it forever - not really interested in starting a repair service.

Barry

Hey start your own thread. Lol!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One was posted for sale on Ebay a few days ago but I thought they wanted too much for it.

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One was posted for sale on Ebay a few days ago but I thought they wanted too much for it.

Yes I saw it but, caught it too late.
Other parts from the same machine available that also seem high.
What did it list for?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to remember....seems like it was $250 or $300. Maybe check the completed sales and see.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new motherboard is $780 so $250-$300 isn't bad unless it was completely fried or ate up with corrosion..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But for that price you can get a old blue somewhere used, sometimes less
Just saying what a new motherboard cost....[emoji4]

They are getting really hard to find below $700 used any more and it use to be easy... Every time Excal price goes up used prices go up too..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread