NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy surfing gloves at Scuba.com

I wore something like these way back in the 80s - they were called thunder claws
and created by a guy I think in Calif. to get past the waves when surfing
I wore them for swimming - no one had ever seen anything like them up my way before and
used to draw a lot of attention - same thing I do now with my full face snorkel mask
they are great for fanning if you can get used to them

Upvote 0

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The "claws" sure did work for swimming, but hard to hold onto the detector and scoop.
The full face mask/snorkel take away the "seal look" and add a bit of fear into a shark - I hope!
Keep on fanning....Love to see the finds.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "claws" sure did work for swimming, but hard to hold onto the detector and scoop.
The full face mask/snorkel take away the "seal look" and add a bit of fear into a shark - I hope!
Keep on fanning....Love to see the finds.
the fingers were not as defined as the gloves out there now - I had no prob holdin scoop or machine - back then was using PI Pro
prob was trying to pick up the finds - you had to pour scoop into palm and then put in pouch

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper - Never seen these before and I do ALOT of fanning. How are they for picking up the coins and rings after fanning? Also, do they last a long time? I've tried so many different gloves and the fingers always wear away after a couple months of use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread