Followed a coin line for two miles.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Made it out Sunday for an 11 hour hunt. Tides and wave direction caused some sand movement. Followed a coin line about 6 to 8 feet off the top of the crest and found older material all along the way. In small areas where the sand flattened there were no targets, but they started up again when the slope reappeared. First ring was a kids mood ring, next one glittered in the scoop, looked beautiful, is marked S Steel. Last ring had that solid thud in the scoop and I was sure it was a winner... Tungsten Carbide. Souvenir penny is from Jacksonville Zoo. Also found plenty of fishing weights which were handed out to guys fishing along the way. They were happy to take them, goodwill comes cheap.
The Stainless Steel is the first one I've picked up and it made a sound in the Xcal that was new to me. It was one of those " I have to dig this because I have no idea what it is " moments.

Tek

Attachments

• Coin line 001.JPG
    Coin line 001.JPG
    836 KB · Views: 140
  • Coin line 002.JPG
    Coin line 002.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are both nice rings! I love the heft of the Tungsten Carbide rings. Offer them around work, most of the time you can find buyers for $10 for Tungsten, and $5 for Stainless. If you don't want to keep them, anyway. They're all $30 or more for local purchases, 10x that at jewelry stores...

Skippy

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt...gold wedding bands are becoming a thing of the past...tungsten, stainless and titanium are taking over...Ive found 5 non gold wedding bands this year.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great hunt - Congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread