s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm spending the week at Ormond beach. Using the dual field that I recently acquired. It looked almost brand new but when I first used it in the water it falsed a lot going right to left. I thought it was because the coil was loose so I rewrapped it tightly and now it falses in the water going left to right. I can't tell if I'm getting a good signal or not? I'm very frustrated. Using my Sov. again.

Upvote 0

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not a quiet MD. Will false when a wave passes over them as well as on the up and down swing. Keep the coil flat to the bottom. If you come off the bottom and start to angle up on the end of a swing they will false going back. SS

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had similar problems with my DFPI. didn't have as big of problem till I sent it back for repairs (battery leaked so board needed replaced) They updated coil I guess as coil was opened. Now have the same false signal when going left if I am in water. I had one guy tell me it may be water in the coil. On the wet sand with heavy black I change settings often to counteract the mineralization (note - this beach many minelabs cant hunt as black sand can be over a foot thick in pockets)
Thankfully a good signal is solid so I pass on the false signals. False signals usually sound off like a larger non coin target. But agree with you it is annoying. I am tempted to send it back to Whites to see if they can get it back to the way it was before I sent it in for repairs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread