Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its hard for me to find gloves that fit - my Kevlar 7mm cold water ones started coming apart after like 10yrs
been looking for a new pair - they no longer make mine in 7mm or in 2xl anymore
bought another pair of 7mm but xl and cant get them on - found these
NeoSport 3mm, 5mm, 7mm XSPAN Neoprene Gloves - Swimming Equipment and Gear
they make them in 3mm and 5mm too
just got them in and they fit perfect - cant wait to try them out - been land hunting lately - old farm fields
and get goodies there
heading to Carribean this weekend - hoping to have yellow to show when I get back :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck on the yellow Casper, field hunting has been uber bad out here except for that Clovis I eyeballed, would be a "Zero" for me this year if that had not happened !

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More best wishes for your Caribbean trip, Casper. Funny, I was just wondering about gloves.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought mine for cold water hunting but now a days I usually wear some sort of glove to hunt -
if you are in a jellyfish/man-o-war spot
you can pick them up and throw them aside or push them away with out getting stung
in you are in a very mucky or thick bottom and don't have a floating sifter - you can stick your hand in scoop and churn sediment
up instead of shaking it for 10 mins. trying to get it to filter - specially guys with smaller holes
will prevent cuts from some items such as sharp broken shells and sharp rocks
and may save your finger nails from just reaching in to retrieve targets
in warmer waters I wear a stretch material glove with rubberized coating on palm and fingers
the rubber does not slip on the scoop handle usually
last year I hit a beach with a thick flour like sediment in Jamaica and it had small thick roots in it from dead sea grass
that held it together - I would have been there all day if I did not have gloves on that morning to work the stuff out
by churning my hand in the scoop - I would not have wanted to do it with my bare hand
may protect against other nasty's too
long ago I was fanning and my wrist brushed against a small yellow anemone
area about the size of a quarter - don't know what was in its tentacles but threw me for a loop
when whatever venom or poison it had hit my blood stream - I was out of it for hours like someone slipped me a mickey
gloved would have prevented that - though some might have liked it

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Casper, please keep us posted on whether the gloves work out for you. I bought a pair of 5mm Kevlar gloves (Sea Soft Ti Pro Edge 5 mm) sea soft ti pro edge gloves buy at LeisurePro a few years back and they didn't last the winter season. I am mostly on the wet sand and occasionally in the edge of the surf since the surf is so rough. working my scoop with one hand seemed to just rip the seams apart. although Leisure Pro replaced the gloves, I don't expect this replacement pair to hold up well enough to warrant buying another pair when these fall apart. I just looked up the gloves to find the link to put into this post and see they are being closed out, so maybe I wasn't the only one who had a problem. Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread