Ccarson

Dec 20, 2014
El Monte,Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt pro,surf pi pro,trx pinpointer
Minelab eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whites trx pinpointer works awsome. I turn the sensitivity up as high as it goes.

CoinAddict

Oct 24, 2014
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with the regular Garrett and had falsing problems, went to the Whites trx and it was way too sensitive and it could never be adjusted right. I'm now with the Garrett carrot and love it.

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am no expert by any means, our first pp is a Vibra Pro 580. Got it because of the vibration factor. The only problem is it eats batteries, but it works great! Got the wife a garrett carrot, and got myself one too. The carrots are nice with no problems with lots of battery life. If looking for a dual purpose pp the carrot is the deal, but if you are looking to use it mainly underwater the vibra pro might suit your purpose.

GL & HH!

Last edited:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Garret carrot last June to help my 11 year old grandson locate the targets when I am shallow water hunting. I give him two tries before I scoop it. It works great as I am scooping less and he is coming up with more targets! Good Luck!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the carrot it's great. I would recommend not keeping it submerged for a very long time (like forgetting it's in your finds pouch when you go water hunting). Mine flooded this way, but garrett of course replaced it. For short submersions, a minute or two at a time, it's totally fine down to 10' or so.

If I lost my carrot, I'd replace it again without hesitation. It feels solid in the hand, well made, not cheap brittle plastic. The cap is solid, the button feels great and has given me no problems at all. The LED light is bright, but you can place your thumb over it if you are doing a ninja hunt. I wrapped a couple layers of electrical tape over the speaker grill so it's not quite as loud...you can place it in silent mode, but I prefer to hear it, just not so loud.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the VibraProbe 580 also. Never have had one problem with it.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the carrot it's great. I would recommend not keeping it submerged for a very long time (like forgetting it's in your finds pouch when you go water hunting). Mine flooded this way, but garrett of course replaced it. For short submersions, a minute or two at a time, it's totally fine down to 10' or so.

If I lost my carrot, I'd replace it again without hesitation. It feels solid in the hand, well made, not cheap brittle plastic. The cap is solid, the button feels great and has given me no problems at all. The LED light is bright, but you can place your thumb over it if you are doing a ninja hunt. I wrapped a couple layers of electrical tape over the speaker grill so it's not quite as loud...you can place it in silent mode, but I prefer to hear it, just not so loud.
I kept mine in submerged 2-4hrs at a time, 10-12 different times, fresh water. No problems.

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have garret carrot ,but i have older black garret and he was falsing near saltwater.Second big problem was rough surf condition with strong wind, usually i wear earphones and with strong wave and wind is almost impossible to hear pin pointer near water. So vibration became main indicator. When i purchased my second Excalibur i get VibraProbe 580 with it. So i give it a try. After i use it for some time i stop using garret one at all. VibraProbe 580 has much more stronger vibration than garret and sometimes garret vibrations is too fine for gravel on the beach. So now my garret is only for inland use and for beach is exclusively VibraProbe 580. Regarding battery issue i purchased chargeable Li-ion 9V batteries so problem solved. I dont buy any batteries anymore.Also i have Deteckinx Wader Li carrot but so far it is still in testing phase . My recommendation is VibraProbe 580 , build quality is very good i even slam with car doors few time on it when i was sitting in the car , still working like Swiss clock. But be careful dont letf it turn on after u recover target or he will have influence on capabilities of ur main detector.

Last edited:

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been using the Vibra-quatic for about a year and like it. Batteries last and the light up feature is helpful at night. I use it both in and out of the water.
The unit turns on when pointed up, so you have to be careful transporting it. Best to remove the battery when packing it. There is no sensitivity option just on or off.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also use the VibraProbe 580 on the beach and in the surf all day long (8-10 hrs). I have no problems with it and like the waterproof and vibration aspects of the pointer. I've used the same battery for 2 yrs now. Keep it pointing down when not in use and the battery will last a long time. I have found extremely small gold pieces (ear ring backs, single chain link) with the probe that I could not find visually or otherwise. A probe/pointer is an essential piece of metal detecting equipment. Once you use one you'll wonder how you got along w/o one for so long.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Macro works well also has an led light , It does sound and vibrate . Works very well .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions