I was locked out of here for a while; glad Im back. Happy New Year to all! A 14K GE

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was locked out of here for a while; glad I'm back. Happy New Year to all! A 14K GE

:hello:
ring that looked sooooooo good in the sunlight the other day, but it was not to be...not this time, anyway.

Also a pretty earring, but not worth a grain of sand that it was found in.

Not giving up yet; this forum inspires me to :"keep truckin"; you all do so well out there; we need some strong erosion up here as the weather has been too mild for this time of year.

Well, keep finding those treasures, and here's some pics of "what could have been", but wasn't:dontknow: .Where are those treasures??:icon_scratch:

You should have heard the ear-splitting sound emanating from that large serving spoon that was about 8" deep; foolishly thought that I was on to some great treasure:laughing7: ; desperation will do that to one sometimes out there in the sand.:skullflag:

Have a great year...bring it on!:headbang::hello2:

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF3538.JPG
    DSCF3538.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF3539.JPG
    DSCF3539.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF3540.JPG
    DSCF3540.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF3541.JPG
    DSCF3541.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF3519.JPG
    DSCF3519.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Upvote 0

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
very nice finds Lorraine. Congrats... the next one will the the best find ever!

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Not what you hoped, but still a couple nice finds Lorraine!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty ring even though its not solid gold...nice find.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know that find is coming! Just a matter of time because we never give up! Know how you feel though, big high then the let down. Pretty don't come close to real. Go get m Lorraine!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you had a great Christmas :occasion18: Hope you have a Happy New Year
Hoping to see many treasured filled posts from you in the future :thumbsup:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Lorraine. Getting out and doing some dirt fishing is the real treasure and never knowing what's under our coil is what makes us keep on doing it. Adventure, curiosity, disappointment and reward are great motivators. Happy new year and hope you find all the treasure your heart desires this coming year and. Wish you and Hank and your family and all our members a great year with all the challenges and happiness that comes with it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locked out? Were you naughty instead of nice? :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy New Year Lorraine, and let's make 2016 the year we do a hunt together! :occasion14:

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
:hello: I goofed up my computer while trying to download and install Adobe Flash; tried it 3 times , but can't get it to work..can't receive any e-mail cards:dontknow:

Instead, some of my programs got invaded and I had to start over.

Hope 2016 will improve my meager tech skills.

L

Locked out? Were you naughty instead of nice? :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:
ring that looked sooooooo good in the sunlight the other day, but it was not to be...not this time, anyway.

Also a pretty earring, but not worth a grain of sand that it was found in.

Not giving up yet; this forum inspires me to :"keep truckin"; you all do so well out there; we need some strong erosion up here as the weather has been too mild for this time of year.

Well, keep finding those treasures, and here's some pics of "what could have been", but wasn't:dontknow: .Where are those treasures??:icon_scratch:

You should have heard the ear-splitting sound emanating from that large serving spoon that was about 8" deep; foolishly thought that I was on to some great treasure:laughing7: ; desperation will do that to one sometimes out there in the sand.:skullflag:

Have a great year...bring it on!:headbang::hello2:

Lorraine

Lorraine, you said you were locked out? You weren't banned, was there issue with your PC..?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Still a Beautiful ring! And Wishing You and Hank the Very Best for 2016...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet Lorraine! Nice bling!

I hope the ones and zeros treat you better this year.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
"Lorraine, you said you were locked out? You weren't banned, was there issue with your PC..? "

No, I was not banned; I would be so embarrassed if that happened:blackbeard:; the problem was with me trying to download and install Adobe Flash...I tried many times and probably messed the set -up of some of my sites.

I finally figured out why I couldn't utilize the Flash; it was because I had to disable the "Active X Filter " ( what ever that is) from the "tools" bar; found this out on one of the "help" sites for Windows 7.

Lorraine

Howard

Mar 22, 2012
Cape Coral, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Excal. II, Whites PI Surf Master & Fisher CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Two nice looking finds! :thumbsup: Don't forget to test the stones! Happy New Year to you and Hank!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Lorraine, you said you were locked out? You weren't banned, was there issue with your PC..? "

No, I was not banned; I would be so embarrassed if that happened:blackbeard:; the problem was with me trying to download and install Adobe Flash...I tried many times and probably messed the set -up of some of my sites.

I finally figured out why I couldn't utilize the Flash; it was because I had to disable the "Active X Filter " ( what ever that is) from the "tools" bar; found this out on one of the "help" sites for Windows 7.

Lorraine
I had similar problems when I installed a "free" upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. Must have taken me a week to work out the bugs! Glad you made it back. :occasion14:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Even if it didn't turn out to be solid gold and diamonds, I bet that ring got your heart pumping. One time I dug up a blackened silver bar that turned out to be a lead ingot. But I was breathing hard when I found it.

Hope you have a happy, healthy, and successful New Year, Lorraine. Keep posting those finds, even the "junque".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread