Headed to Florida

kenpodetector

Jan 1, 2012
Northern NV. and Kennesaw Ga.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Gold Monster, SDC2300.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going down to South Florida for 2-3 months (leaving Wed). I am a GPAA memeber also and have a little list of beaches they suggest in a recent article. Anything I should know about legal wise for instance the see you detecting they arrest you sort of thing. I will be staying in the Weston area ( ya real snotty spot i know) I have my MXT packed with standard coil and the small DD. Should be fun. Might check out the Keys for a weekend too.

I did just read a few other posts.. IE state parks etc... Anyone have some good spots in the area Id love go out with you and if you come to Nevada in the summer I will hook you up to do some gold mining. I have have a couple claims and or can point you into some nice placer areas for nugget hunting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you might want to try Ft Lauderdale Beach. Go and park in Birch state park and walk under the A1A through the tunnel. That is the cheapest place to park. That is one place I would suggest to you. You can also go and hit Lake Worth Pier area. Parking is pretty expensive though. Definitely hit South Beach.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIT ANYWHERE THERE IS SAND AND PEOPLE AND/OR WATER AND PEOPLE
IF YOURE GOIN TO BE DOWN THERE THAT LONG YOURE BOUND TO COME ACROSS SOME TREASURE
DONT LOOK FOR ANYONE HERE TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHERE THEY BEEN GETTING THEIR GOLD
I PERSONALLY DO MY BEST WHERE LOCALS HAVE A HARDER TIME GETTING TO
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html
- EITHER CAUSE THERES NO PUBLIC
PARKING FOR A MILE OR MORE - OR THE PAID PARKING IS OUTRAGEOUS - (I CAN HAVE MY GF DROP ME
OFF AND WORK MY WAY TO A PICK UP SPOT

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIT ANYWHERE THERE IS SAND AND PEOPLE AND/OR WATER AND PEOPLE
IF YOURE GOIN TO BE DOWN THERE THAT LONG YOURE BOUND TO COME ACROSS SOME TREASURE
DONT LOOK FOR ANYONE HERE TO TELL YOU EXACTLY WHERE THEY BEEN GETTING THEIR GOLD
I PERSONALLY DO MY BEST WHERE LOCALS HAVE A HARDER TIME GETTING TO
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/29748-albums1617.html
- EITHER CAUSE THERES NO PUBLIC
PARKING FOR A MILE OR MORE - OR THE PAID PARKING IS OUTRAGEOUS - (I CAN HAVE MY GF DROP ME
OFF AND WORK MY WAY TO A PICK UP SPOT

...THATS NOT TO SAY THERE ARE NOT A FEW NICE GUYS OUT THERE THAT MAY HOOK UP WITH YOU OR
YOU MAY FIND SOMEONE GOIN ON VACAY DURING THAT TIME THAT MIGHT WANT TO GET TOGETHER - JUST SAYING
THAT IF YOU ASK - "HEY ...WHERE'S THE BEST PLACE TO FIND GOLD" - ODDS ARE AGAINST YOU'LL GET A REPLY

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I may be wrong but whats the significance of being a GPAA member at the beaches? I thought it was only for claims that were staked by the GPAA. I to am a member but use it for desert dry washing on claims owned by the GPAA.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a GPAA member as well, and don't get the beach connection.

However, if you find yourself on the west coast, St. Pete/Venice areas, send me a PM. I'd be happy to show you around.

sexton

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't live to far from that snooty place your staying at. Send me a message I am always heading to a beach. I am good after working hours and weekends.

Steve

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
I'm not far from Weston. Send me a PM and maybe we can hunt a beach or two.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida's beaches are empty, all the gold and silver jewelry has already been found, better go to Texas....:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread