Odds and Ends at low tide spot in OC - cell, glasses, rings

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Hi all. Well I have not posted any of my own finds in a quite while. I have not been out detecting as much this past year as I had in previous years. When I have been out I was not finding much of note at the beach which is where I usually do most of my detecting lately.

Anyway I decided to head down to the coast here in Orange County Saturday near low tide. Wanted to see if I could find any leftovers after the wave action this past week. I found and tried checking a long cut high up toward the dry sand in the section of the beach I went to. Found very little except a few coins here and there. I am guessing the area below that cut had been worked over by others earlier last week. Then I went further out into the wet. Still only finding a few light coins ( dimes & pennies) buy then I finally found one of those nice real low lying spots exposed with heavy shells, troughs. etc . I figured gotta be something in that area.

There was. These are the kind of finds I would not usually show here on Tnet except I think it is rather interesting to find a cell phone and sunglasses at this time of year here on the west coast. The cell phone was not all that deep where it was sitting a bit up the slope actually but of course it is toasted. The two rings in the group pic are tungsten carbide ( left ) and silver on the right. Unfortunately per my usual luck this past year I am not finding jewelry of any real value. I worked the low area for a quite while. I wonder if any better stuff was just too deep even for my Excal with my stock coil. Still it is nice to find a little pocket with items that were better than complete trash. Lenses on both pairs of glasses still in pretty good shape.

I also found a nice stainless steel ring ( the single ring pic) a few weeks ago at another beach here in OC. It would be nice to find some more valuable jewelry or even a few nice real old coins - pre 64 silver, etc. I only found one small tiny gold ring last year. I am simply unable to put in the amount of time some of the regulars out here are able to - particularly during the week days . Even so I enjoy seeing all those higher value motivational finds from others here on Tnet - particularly those from here in So Cal. By the way for locals it was in Newport Beach. Wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year. I am hoping this is a good sign for me this year on finding some better stuff.

Attachments

• DSC05459 (1).JPG
    DSC05459 (1).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC05462.JPG
    DSC05462.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012