Stealth Beach Scoop - Lost In Florida Today - Long Shot......

CoinmasterIV

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
All of them! ;-) Been land hunting since 1973 - water since 1986. E-Trac/Whites Spectrum XLT/Tesoro Tiger Shark/Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost at Englewood South Beach parking lot just this morning. Stealth 720i Tube model.

My good friend who spends his winters in sunny Florida left his beach scoop unattended in the parking lot (a big mistake) and it was of course immediately snatched up. Hoping just by chance the finder frequents this forum and is a good samaritan who doesn't know how to find the owner.

I'll contact Chuck (owner at Stealth) to get permission to post up a picture of it. Or you can see the exact model here:

Genuine STEALTH "720"

Makes me sad to think minutes later somebody sprinting away with my friends cherished Stealth scoop....but we all know these days it is likely an unfortunate reality.

Please drop me a message. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tis the season........... we have a lot of people in town and anything left unattended is believed to be fair game for some reason. Ill ask the beach guy and some of the hunters i know or see. Id be surprised if it was a hunter, most likely someone who thought it was a NEAT thing that they could use to dig sharks teeth..... which it aint. Might keep an eye on Craigs List or post there. Wasnt the older guy who swings the WOT on his Xcal was it?

Dew

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoinmasterIV

CoinmasterIV

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
All of them! ;-) Been land hunting since 1973 - water since 1986. E-Trac/Whites Spectrum XLT/Tesoro Tiger Shark/Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Nothing so far has turned up. I'll have him check all the local shops to see if somebody tried to flip it for a quick buck. Nope....he is older but hunts with an AT Pro or Tiger Shark....nicest guy you would ever want to meet. Like having your best fishing buddy lose his favorite fishing pole. Still keeping my fingers crossed......

goldiger

Greenie
Aug 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot my scoop once by my car went back next day was gone week went by and asked the beach worker he held it so I got it back.

OP
OP
CoinmasterIV

CoinmasterIV

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing has shown up on CL. So my guess would be it went to a local pawn shop or ? He has checked the local 'lost and found' at the beach....no luck.....

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
How about the Ranger Office at Stump Pass?

Perhaps it was turned in. One can only hope.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive not seen him post it on CL??? A good many of us look at CL to help people with lost stuff. I did ask 4 hunters yesterday, the Beach Guy, and beach clean up who went to check the lost and found. NADA. I highly doubt it went to a pawn shop .... aint worth nothing to them and there is only like 3 of them and all are small. Likely in someone garage.

OP
OP
CoinmasterIV

CoinmasterIV

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help and support for my friend. :icon_thumleft: No luck yet.......

Smalls

Jan 10, 2013
Sarasota, FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was washing my gear at lido beach the other day and was washing my stealth scoop when a guy picked up my detector (20 ft away). Had I been looking the other way, it would have been gone. The very same day I had a couple walk up to me on the beach and explain that their brand new $3000 canon camera was swiped right from their towel that they were laying on when they were sun bathing. It sucks that there's so many bad people in town

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
Wow smalls, the balls on the guy that tried to take your detector. Unfriggin real I am glad tho that he did not succeed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread