Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never had a TC tarnish. You have a photo?

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here it is

Tried a buffing wheel and brasso and got nowhere ... zero.

Attachments

• IMG_7197.JPG
    IMG_7197.JPG
    201.9 KB · Views: 95

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why bother? you'll have more time and money into the ring than it's worth. I've found rings almost exactly like that in perfect condition for which I can't get $5.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Junke Or Junque

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why bother? you'll have more time and money into the ring than it's worth. I've found rings almost exactly like that in perfect condition for which I can't get $5.

I agree it's not worth anything monetarily. It just looks better in my "junk ring jar" when it's shiny.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idk..... I gotta a friend, sells them good looking ones at the golf course, I think :icon_scratch:
or where ever she can. One of her friends has an antique store, too, puts some of them in it.
I got 2 old ones up in my little store right now.
Have you seen some of the retail prices for tungsten? :o Ya'll may just not be asking the right ppl to buy them. :dontknow:

There like for, the younger girl/lady who wants to buy her guy something not tooooo expensive, and kinda sorta nice, cause, she's not really sure ifn she gonna let him be hanging around much longer or whether he's worthy of gold, yet, or not. :laughing7:

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cheapest I've seen Tungsten rings new go for around $135

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a Triton tungsten on E Bay for 30 bucks...its the only brand that was selling for more than 3 or 4 dollars.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idk..... I gotta a friend, sells them good looking ones at the golf course, I think :icon_scratch:
or where ever she can. One of her friends has an antique store, too, puts some of them in it.
I got 2 old ones up in my little store right now.
Have you seen some of the retail prices for tungsten? :o Ya'll may just not be asking the right ppl to buy them. :dontknow:

There like for, the younger girl/lady who wants to buy her guy something not tooooo expensive, and kinda sorta nice, cause, she's not really sure ifn she gonna let him be hanging around much longer or whether he's worthy of gold, yet, or not. :laughing7:

Funny - I bring in rings from my hunts to work sometimes and cant tell you how many guys love the tungsten ones - could have huge gold or nice silver
...they like the feel and weight of a lot of my tungstens ---some guys have bought new tungstens bands and leave their gold ones at home
Ive had guys offer to buy some off of me - but have not sold any of those yet

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tungsten is just about indestructible,you can't scratch it, crush it and is around 60 percent as hard as a diamond and is capable of cutting through most steel so it has some respectable properties,even the ocean has a hard time tarnishing it...I respect this and the value should be reflected

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Purchased some 1 micron diamond paste on amazon for $6. Polished it up quickly on my buffing wheel.

Regular polishes (aluminum or iron oxide) did nothing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread