Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok, just got back from 4 hrs of metal detecting a seldom scanned beach on the west coast of Florida. I know for a fact that it is seldom scanned because I averaged 22.3 coins per hr! WHAT!
021616 012.jpg

On the normal sanded beach, east or west coast of Florida, I average 7 coins/hr. Well scanned beaches - I may only see 2 coins/hr. A great beach for me is around 10 - 12 coins/hr. But over 20 coins/hr! Also found a nice stainless steel (China) Men’s wedding band and a really nice looking women’s ring of hearts with diamonds (?) in each of the 20 or so hearts. It is a white metal with no markings based on the naked eye. Have to investigate the heart further…and return to the beach.
021616 014.jpg

Upvote 0

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope don't discriminate (except iron). Going back shortly based on the tide. But first got to fix my scoop, which I bent all up and tried to fix...now the bottom is falling out and I need to solder before next hunt...and I don't have a torch or solder or flux since I'm in Florida w/o any tools and such...

Try going to an auto mechanic / auto body shop....Most do welding and for a small fee they should be able to make a good temp repair, good luck

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since you own both a CZ21 and an AT Pro.

If you could take only one of your detectors to a salt water beach with black sand throughout ...
Would it be the CZ 21 or the AT Pro?

Thanks.

If I am planning to hit the wet sand even a little, it would be the CZ every time. AT Pro will work, but it's not my first choice.

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The specs look impressive. I do not see much on the forums about the durability of their detectors. Anyone have long term experience with them?
Just fired-up my Shadow Echo II from the mid 1990s and it runs as well as new. I think my old Whites detector from the early 1970s is still being used by my nephew...the good ones last for ever. Only have 4 yrs on my Excal and expect it to last a long time. You may want to start a new thread on the topic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread