Cut Pennies

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny but wouldn't be I guess if I lived on this beach........although good exercise.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that goes to the trouble of cutting up pennies to toss on a beach is sick. I knew a guy that saved up his beer pull tabs to toss in the sand. shooting-guns.gif

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you dont mean you are going to start tossing trash too if you find out who it is? I dont want my VLF to feel like a PI........ im perfectly content only finding 10 targets as long as one is GOLD. Ive had people complain about penny tosser ....... in fact i dug over a hundred one day. Not happy about it but it all went in the can lol. Ive even had people go in front of me and drop um.......... i normally just tell um to at least drop quarters.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could be a homeowner that wants to discourage us off of 'his' beach.

rons1947

Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A few years ago,we were finding a lot of 1/4 cut pennys in the dry sand at Cocoa Beach.We never found out who was doing it.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, that's kinda sick when you look at it from a point of view of a kid stepping on one.

OP
OP
A

afreakofnature

Nov 16, 2010
Reciprocation will not be putting trash on the beach. Public shaming as well as reporting to authorities for littering (I video and record everything). As well as some appropriate personal vindication depending on my mood that day.

hookahman

Aug 6, 2013
Yeah I am also looking for the sicko that's been tossing cut pennies at Miami beach.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago,we were finding a lot of 1/4 cut pennys in the dry sand at Cocoa Beach.We never found out who was doing it.

I'm sort of doubting this would be done by another detectorist. Sounds to me like some local with early onset grumpiness who doesn't like people metal detecting.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
While door knocking this weekend, we stopped at a house and the lady told us that she has had so many people ask to metal detect her house that her son threw BBs all over her yard and her neighbors' yards! Was she telling the truth? I don't know, we thanked her and moved on!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The business end of a 22 is a hard thing to find also.

Zincs corroid on their own they don't need any help...like cutting. :what:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck a cut penny would most likely fall through my scoop. I would never seed a beach or a park. Most detectorists clean up more trash than anyone else. Them darn tabs can cut a person. People should appreciate guys detecting on a beach

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck a cut penny would most likely fall through my scoop. I would never seed a beach or a park. Most detectorists clean up more trash than anyone else. Them darn tabs can cut a person. People should appreciate guys detecting on a beach
Speaking of which, I will never go barefoot on a beach again after all the fish hooks I have dug up there.

mikey15658

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2012
honolulu hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites dual field, vx3 , xlt , fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have that same jerk in Hawaii, he also throws bobby pins and pull tabs, I suspect he uses a minelab

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread