Bike gloves, Sports Authority closing stores.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have been using leather work gloves for a long time. They are fine for a while but after being in the salt water get uncomfortable and fall apart.
Picked up a pair of GIRO Bravo Gel bike gloves, they have padding in the palm and the fingers cut off. Will see how they hold up after use. Have been looking at " tactical " gloves, but the good ones cost a lot and run small.
While at the Sports Authority saw a table full of Bounty Hunter detectors. SA is closing 140+ stores so there may be good prices when they get near the shut down dates. Everything was 10 to 15% off now, not great, may want to go back the last week when it gets down to " everything must go "

Upvote 0

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much were they paying people for hauling away the Bounty Hunters?

(thanks for the tip!)

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use nothing but dive gloves........lots of bargains and closeouts to be found on the sties that sell dive stuff.

Dave

TreasurDiggrNY

Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been using leather work gloves for a long time. They are fine for a while but after being in the salt water get uncomfortable and fall apart.
Picked up a pair of GIRO Bravo Gel bike gloves, they have padding in the palm and the fingers cut off. Will see how they hold up after use. Have been looking at " tactical " gloves, but the good ones cost a lot and run small.
While at the Sports Authority saw a table full of Bounty Hunter detectors. SA is closing 140+ stores so there may be good prices when they get near the shut down dates. Everything was 10 to 15% off now, not great, may want to go back the last week when it gets down to " everything must go "

I had a pair of the Giro finger-less gel bike gloves, I used mine for biking. After 30 -45 days use, the gel started leaking through whatever was holding it in place. Took forever to get it all off the bike grips.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...d=0ahUKEwjj1Zn2qLPLAhWM0h4KHaJ4ABIQ8wIIiwMwAw

Tsunami Grip Work Gloves for Shrinkwrap Installation - Mr. Shrinkwrap

I WEAR ONES SIMILAR TO THESE IN WARM WATERS - THE RUBBERIZED COATING GETS TACKY IN SALT WATER AND GRIPS SCOOP HANDLE AND
DETECTOR BETTER - THEY DRY AND CAN USUALLY BET USED ALL YEAR LONG - GREAT FOR PUSHING WAN O WAR AND JELLY FISH AWAY
I JUST BOUGHT A BUNCH OF ONES WITH FLEECE INSIDE WITH THICKER COATING OF RUBBER THAT THEY WERE SELLING FOR SHOVELING
FOR LIKE 2.50 A PAIR - WHICH I WILL WEAR IF I GO IN BEFORE SUMMER ---RIGHT NOW I WEAR MY 7MMs STILL

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
How much were they paying people for hauling away the Bounty Hunters?

(thanks for the tip!)

Apparently not enough as they still had a bunch of bounty hunters! Lol

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

OP
OP
T

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
I had a pair of the Giro finger-less gel bike gloves, I used mine for biking. After 30 -45 days use, the gel started leaking through whatever was holding it in place. Took forever to get it all off the bike grips.

Thanks for the heads up on that.
Tek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread