waterproofing the sov gt.

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
Been working on my sov gt. Installing the sov gt in a ikelite housing for about month now, don't have

all the parts in yet, the control knobs will be here on Monday so drilling the hole for them as soon as

they come in, the permanent cord connector is installed for the wot 15" coil. coil is epoxy so not to use

the coil cover for trapping sand in it. I oder 4 waterproof control knobs 1 for the on and off ,

sensitivity,threshold and the disc. did not want one for the notch . this helps because you don't have to open the housing

up if adjustments are needed. also i left about 7"of coil cable in the housing to change the batties, just open the lid and

pull out .all the holes i drill are then tapped.

headphone will have a 2 pin ics plug, and using the grey ghost underwater headphones. i had a old

fisher hip mount kit i epoxy it to the side of the housing so i can use a dive belt around my waist . I

could had use a cheaper housing and parts but after using ikelite housing and part for many of years

I'm use to ikelite parts and housing, well hope to be done with it in about a week will post finish photos,

will test it out before trip to va beach next month.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 240
  • cntrl_std.gif
    cntrl_std.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the pictures RJ. I thought about it and I decided I can't take the chance with the new Sov being delivered this week, it would void the 4 year warranty. I might consider getting a used one and would try it on that one and just swap the WOT coil to it or down the road look for a used one already set up to.

Good luck and let me know how it works. Best to yoiur wife as well. ;)

OP
OP
rjnail

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
Treasure_Hunter yes i would say thats wise, as for me went out and brought a used one, and using it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions