GOLD ON THE BEACH

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking. Normally when I go to the beach,it's with 2 of my buds., Chris and Ross. Due to an unforseen accident Ross injured his shoulder and just had surgery. I sympathize with him for having to stay home and not detect. So Chris and I went to the beach yesterday.The weather was overcast the majority of the day. The temp of the air and water was perfect. There were however a lot of rogue waves. I was in ankle deep water one minute and then waist deep the next. Why is it when you get a signal and get ready to dig wave after wave seems to hit?? I was in ankle deep water when I got the signal. I knew I had it in my scoop after the second attempt to get it. I took it to the wet and emptied the scoop. Once I found it again I kicked the spot and saw what looked like a ball bearing rolling out. After I picked it up it was hard to tell if it was a ring. It completely crusted. I stood there for about 10 minutes breaking the crust off before I saw that it was a class ring. I showed it to Chris and he pull off more of the crust but still couldn't see the 10k mark. We didn't see it till we got home. It weighs 13.3 grams.
e14015.gif
e14015.gif
e14015.gif
. My second piece of gold this month. Whoo Hooo. HH All GFP 03 20 16_0173_edited-1.JPG

Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A photo with the crud on it is nice to see as a comparison. Other than that a real nice find. Happy hunting.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations
dancing1.gif

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is a great looking class ring, Pete:headbang:; it's a "Humdinger"....nice heavy one.

Enjoyable post; but sorry about Ross' shoulder injury; I wish him a speedy recovery

Lorraine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PI PETE