Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2015
Poland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi

Im freshwater hunter. Most of the time I hunt I can't see the coil in water because it's too blurry. I was thinking about painting the coil with bright yellow. Im concerned it will affect the coil or spoil warranty. I painted the scoop and it works great. Anyone tried this?

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Could you wrap the coil with yellow shrink-wrap tape? Possibly keeping your warranty intact.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DO YOU WEAR A MASK OR GOGGLES?

OP
OP
G

gromu

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2015
Poland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I didn't try the tape because I thught it will fall off in water. I dont wear mask or googles I dont dive. Im wader.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IM SURE IF YOU DO SOME GOOGLE SEARCHING YOU CAN FIND RELECTIVE STICKERS OR REFLECTORS
TO ATTACH - YOU CAN FIND WATER PROOF TAPE - MAYBE EVEN USE ZIPTIES TO ATTATCH SOMETHING TO COIL
THAT YOU CAN SEE BETTER CUT OUT A PLASTIC ARRROW - PAINT AND ZIP TIE IT

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
HAd one of my scoops powder coated, lasted about 4 years. Each hunt I would see little yellow flakes or yellow rings from the holes in the scoop in the sand, sometimes causing me to take a second look thinking it was a ring. I have seen several coils painted from yellow to orange, like said by Casper n RG best to not void warranty and go a different route until the warranty is over..then paint away.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maintain your warranty. Username hookahforgold painted his coil yellow with a product called plastidip He mentions that he has had the coating for a few years no problems.I in turn followed suit and painted my cz21 coil a fluorescent red , very visible. It required many coats and yeilded a very rubbery type finish. My detector is out of warranty. So far I am pleased even if I have to repaint
once a year it's worth it not dealing with a coil cover. Best to use the gallon unthinned as far as I can tell. The aerosol spray is prethinned and not up to the task.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in doubt........ call to check if it voids the warranty. Unless you are using some type of paint that might contain metal like some bed liner sprays do i see no issue. Plastic dip is good stuff...... thou not as tuff in salt water/sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread