ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver works but gold is better!! Have you tried it on some different gold rings to make sure nothing is discriminated out? Hope you see some yellow soon.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to see some quality pull tabs...

Anybody can find gold, but a '63 tab- now that's a true relic.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold gold gold. hope you get some soon

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, the CTX LOVES silver, but it will find the gold too. Just be sure to dig everything from CO-01 and up!

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
highly hunted area. Found this yesterday with the CTX. Puts me at 11 gold rings for the yr so far. 7 gram 14k

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I have been a person of "no change" once I set the CTX up. Today I changed from auto 3 to full 30 in manual and put it on ferrous coin. Got a few things that I may of missed other wise. Tomorrow I'll hunt once again. Cant seem to grasp using relic mode. Tones are just plain weird. I usually hunt in beach/low trash/auto 3/ full vol/saltwater on/deep on/fast recovery off/pitch hold... gold tones and silver are high pitch/pennies and aluminum are low tones. Then I just pull based on numbers.
Trying to play with different settings to see just how sensitive and how deep I can get her. She already goes deeper than I really care to dig. I can pull a bobby pin in wet thick clay at the beach at 24"....

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I wish you the very best with your new 3030, Penzfan; looks like you're on your way to the gold!

Lorraine

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been a person of "no change" once I set the CTX up. Today I changed from auto 3 to full 30 in manual and put it on ferrous coin. Got a few things that I may of missed other wise. Tomorrow I'll hunt once again. Cant seem to grasp using relic mode. Tones are just plain weird. I usually hunt in beach/low trash/auto 3/ full vol/saltwater on/deep on/fast recovery off/pitch hold... gold tones and silver are high pitch/pennies and aluminum are low tones. Then I just pull based on numbers.
Trying to play with different settings to see just how sensitive and how deep I can get her. She already goes deeper than I really care to dig. I can pull a bobby pin in wet thick clay at the beach at 24"....

Thanks for the settings Jeep! It always helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions