Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Is it possible that this Snowbird has already spent 3 ½ months in Florida? What do you mean I have to go home, back to Ohio and tend to things? Dang!
Going to the beach tomorrow for possibly the last time this year and going to make it count. I plan to spend 8 hrs in the water and 10 minutes on dry sand eating lunch. I can rest while I MD the surf and watch the action go by. Every 5 minutes or so I’ll hit a target to dig, that’s OK with me. The surf is going to be smooth and the sky clear tomorrow but the tide high…that time of the month. I have no alternatives as far as the tide is concerned. I’ll take what I can get. Just let me detect, let me dig. That’s not much to ask, is it? Eight more hours.

The next day (reality)
Spent 6 hrs in the water today, waves were so small I couldn’t call it surf. Loved every minute of it; realizing it may be my last for a while. Found 21 coins and 1 ring. The ring is silver with an 18k gold heart by Alan Ardiff; the inside is marked “AA” and “HEART of GOLD”. I guess heart of gold about covers it. I finally found my gold…in metal detecting.
More next time when I hit the water at an old beach at a lake in Ohio...that is, when the water warms-up a bit.

MDFinds041316.jpg

HeartofGoldring041316.jpg

2016:
Coins, 1,424
Gold, 3
Platinum, 1
Silver, 6

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive enjoyed your posts...good luck in Ohio...looking forward to seeing your northern finds.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me, you threw them back right!!??:thumbsup:

Supatramp

Greenie
Mar 31, 2016
Central. NJ
Detector(s) used
Multiple
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must suck, having to leave, but at least you went. I'm gonna do some serious planning to sell my house, so I'm more mobile. Gated community, here I come

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Tell me, you threw them back right!!??:thumbsup:

Yes, I returned the C-tags to the Sea and asked the tags’ owners for forgiveness of my transgression.

History:
Before finding the 2 Cremation tags shown below I had found about 600 coins and 2 gold rings and a platinum ring. After finding AND KEEPING the C-tags, I found 800 coins but no gold and no platinum. None. Nothing. Nadda. I was warned of the dire consequences of keeping the C-tags and chose to ignore them at my peril. Let this be a lesson to all who read this;

Beware the curse of the C-tags.

If you find one throw it back into the Sea immediately. Else, you’ll share my fate or worse…something might happen to your detector. Come to think of it, I had a close call just yesterday. I was in the water and kept wondering if I had screwed-down tightly my battery terminal on my Excal? I finally reached over and screwed-down the terminal about ¾ turn – Luckily, my detector kept working fine for another 5 hrs or so. When I got home and unscrewed the battery terminal there was water inside the gasket. I wiped it off carefully and been drying for the past 24 hrs. Another close call and another reason to have returned those C-tags to the Sea.

C tags.jpg

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Lawrence,

I always enjoy reading your posts and viewing your finds.

That ring is unique with that gold heart....I'd love to find one just like it.

I'll be watching for your posts of treasure finds from the Ohio waters.

Lorraine

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds for your trip and hope it's thawed out when you get home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread