Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see CORS has some interesting size coils for the SOV. The 12 and 9.5 look lighter and might swing well in the water. Hows the buoyancy. .... and are they really water proof. Not very good advertising thou to say depth is a 6 or 7 out of 10. Great price over a ML coil. Now for the obvious question..... why is it NEL who makes the CORS coil needs two names for the same coils?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No response........ im surprised. TH, has Kelleyco installed any of the NELs? I know Lost Recovery was hot on them when they came out........ but it burned out FAST. Were they just not competitive with the SEF in the salt water?

gromu

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2015
Poland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have SHREW CORS coil. It's same as NEL SNAKE coil. Actually I ordered NEL Snake coil for AT PRO from official NEL distrubutor in my country and they sent me CORS. They said it's same. I didn't mind and tested it. Its waterproof. I used it for freshwater hunting. Dunno why they need 2 names for same coils.

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hows that coil test compared to a similar coil? Just wonder if they had been bought out maybe?

dma

May 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About a week ago I talked to NEL CEO, he said it's a kind of rebranding, "due to marketing reasons".

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I'm seriously considering a cors to compliment my 8" bbs 800

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No response........ im surprised. TH, has Kelleyco installed any of the NELs? I know Lost Recovery was hot on them when they came out........ but it burned out FAST. Were they just not competitive with the SEF in the salt water?
They have installed them and I have not really heard anything bad about the NELs other than the color code of the wires constantly changes...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread