Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an Excalibur 2 while beach hunting and was wondering which scoop would be the
best in water or wet to packed sand areas. I was looking at some Stealth has and have
talked with Chuck at the shop and he is steering me towards the 920 ix X-treme. I have come
to the conclusion that this scoop may be great for in water, but wet sand way to heavy of
a load to handle. @ 66 yrs. old maybe.... Any thoughts, advice, would be appreciated since
I need help with deciding on this. I want the scoop to drain fast, and be stout enough to
dig in shell areas...In other words, the best of both worlds is what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Dennis

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cudamark: I agree with you, The review that Jeep Gold later posted, the one with the pictures and comments on poor customer service is an excellent review, in response to what he considered my barking at him. Quoting his words: " I'm a nice guy and I usually wouldn't bark back at someone but you came at me a bit cross so I had to respond."

I would of given his review a like, which I feel it deserves, and not removed my likes on his other posts in this thread which provide usefull information.

However, I no Like ee (understatement) his opening sentence: "Before you bark at a person over a product that reviewed, perhaps you should ask a few questions. What happened? Did that even enter your mind? Again, all he stated in his earlier rant was:“I hunted with the “Allegedly " stout TRex 9.5 and it was junk. HEAVY JUNK.

Actually that was not all, as there were several accusation(s) / suspicion(s) made about my motives which he edited out before I was able to reply. I truely, wish that theese were left in as I strongly feel they deserve an answer. Unfortunately, I either failed to save an earlier draft of my reply or misfiled it (Sigh)!

for the record, I closely follow Jeep Gold's post(s), which I usually enjoy, as I California, where I actively dove and fished. I truely appreciate the sharing and everyday and real world expiences on this Forum as I am no longer physically able to stay out as long or hunt as often as desired!

Seems to me that his "review" was as good or better than most. He had photos of the failure and his encounter with customer service. What more would you want from a review? An scientific autopsy from an engineer? :icon_scratch: All we can do as individuals is give our everyday, real world experiences.

Last edited:

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Only thing I deleted were negative comments that I said AFTER your initial attack. I responded to your comments and decided to remove some of it because it was out of character to keep and had no value towards the direction of my review. To attempt to change direction from the topic of the scoop to my retraction of comments that were in poor taste is nothing to complain about . I simply decided to stay classy. I highly understand my eating ship rates. Did you selectively miss all of the other parts to the story that do not validate your argument? Perhaps the 9.5 isn't junk. Perhaps they had a bad batch. The main thing that got under my skin was the over the phone treatment that was handed to me.

Last edited:

DaleinFL

Jun 18, 2016
Port St Lucie, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 ///
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Thanks for this Thread, I am somewhat new, and was looking for info on the beach scoop, I just ordered the 920X 20 Degree tip back, w/Caron Fiber handle w/Lift Assist bar,
I take it this is person name of Chuck (I see his name throughout thread) and site of Stealthscoop.com
This was a little pricy for what it is but, this should last a long time.

Thanks for this site and info, very use full
Dale

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
You won't regret it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I have the EXACT set up and it's amazing dude... You'll love it

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the record: You posted “I hunted with the “Allegedly " stout TRex 9.5 and it was junk. HEAVY JUNK.” At best, that is a rant, not a review as no other information was provided by you.

Not to be a meanie, but I believe that everyone ( you, me, government should be held accountable/responsible for what they say, do, and fail to do (broken promises) especially if it hurts others.

Even though you edited out prior accusations about me, which I wish they were still there , as it would be beneficial to answer them, I am still having difficulty understanding why being a nice guy is important (must be a generation gap thing) – so I will have to take your word for it.

Have no idea, what to do about a screaming baby, in the back ground? Good luck with shopping, traveling in airplanes.
Work done under warranty, is not free – I have always had to pay for return shipping and insurance, clock is still ticking against you while waiting for return. The manufacturer pays for the return shipping to you and aborbs all other costs, once return is authorized.

A diversity of high quality products and service for metal detecting is what is on my mind. Nothing else or less.

Good Hunting and take care to protect yourself from the Sun.
So you think his customer service experience was ok?...why not just apologize after he gave all the detailed facts in his next post?...nah, you would never think of doing that would you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased the TRex 9.5 inch wide open stainless steel basket with rectangular 3/8 inch drain slots with shield type tip when it first came out and have been more than satisified with the quality and performance of this stand up water scoop as well as with the service of the dealer (DeMarco) who I purchased it from.
I prefer to use this scoop where valuable targets are often found, as one is less likely to damage a target with a wider scoop and if accidently hit do less damage to a target with a shield type tip than a sharply pointed Vish Eurotip. Further smaller targets/chains/narrow lead jig sinkers are less likely to fall through the narrower drain slot when sifting.

I found it easier to place and push against the wider back of the TREX, finding it a better all around scoop for my use (dry sand, wet sand, shallow water).

I also purchased a stealth 720i 7in wide, 15 Inch long open stainless steel basket with one half inch holes for
optimum drainage with an agressive eurotip (sharp V) for evaluation. I found it much harder to place this scoop in the right place for target for retrieval as well as keeping balance. This standup water scoop is ideal for where you need to go for ma ximum depth, have to punch through heavy shelled areas, work near rocks, maximum drainage. I can also buy a longer handle for it to push back to shore if I accidently step into a hole ' get in too deep.

The manufacture of the 15 inch long of a basket was discontinued, as a result of returned failures from the field. The one I purchased was recalled (no cost) for additional bracking. I did not return it, as I was having difficulty holding this scoop in place where there were strong currents / surges from the water pushing against the flat bracing strip. Adding additional strips to reinforce the scoop would increase the drag.

The round tubular bracing is a better design as it offers less resistance to water from strong currents / wave surges pushing against it. I am not worried as I know that Chuck will make it right (hopely replace all flat bracing with tubular rods (one of a kind modification) or offer some type of trade in / swap if not cost effective.

I suspect that the problem you have had with the TREX is that they tried to reduce the weight (it is a heavier basket) which should be adressed to the manufacturer so that it can be corrected.

I am sorry for your inconveince and that you are frustrated, but I do not appreciate your referring to a scoop
that I and seasoned treasure hunters use as junk, as it reflects negatively on our choices and experience.

Worse - it does nothing to correct the problem, which obviously needs correction. We need more and better alternatives - one scoop, no matter how good will not do it all!

Jeep expressed his opinion based on his own experience and violated no rules. Jeep is also an "seasoned treasure hunter", if he wants to call a piece of equipment his purchased junk based on his experience that is his right and it violates no rules, nor is it an attack or insult on those who use the equipment in question.....

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for this Thread, I am somewhat new, and was looking for info on the beach scoop, I just ordered the 920X 20 Degree tip back, w/Caron Fiber handle w/Lift Assist bar,
I take it this is person name of Chuck (I see his name throughout thread) and site of Stealthscoop.com
This was a little pricy for what it is but, this should last a long time.

Thanks for this site and info, very use full
Dale
IMO, you've purchased the best on the market at this time. The only weak areas with your setup are, digging in rocks or heavy cobble (which is a problem with all the scoops I've seen and used), and the lift assist handle that Sunspot supplies. If you lift full slugs of wet sand like me, the handle might last you a year if you're lucky. Mine broke after about 9 months and I repaired it. After a couple more months, it failed in another area that wasn't repairable, so, I purchased a ProHandle from Home Depot. It's more adjustable and a lot stronger (though not unbreakable). :thumbsup:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JeepGold: I should have sent you a PM requesting your assistance in identifying what the negatives comments were verses including the reply with quote – My Bad.

Thank you for removing those comments, which I agree were out of character and had no value to the direction of the review. That was unexpected and very considerate of you. – Your Good.

If I remember correctly there were four reactive comments, which most like written in haste out of frustration could simply be answered with no, no, no, no. Neither the comments nor my answers add value. You are correct, my attempt to change direction was wrong: The point that I was try to make is that readers should be critical of what is posted. For instance why should they even consider comments by Sir Gala Clad (Hmm): Why is there no Avatar? Why isn’t a flag flown? Where in the World is SGD, What equipment does that person hunt with, what has that person found; only one find posted which was returned in. Why the Stealth, What is being Hid?

If the above question(s) are ever answered, those answers will be in a different thread as they would change the direction of this thread, which is on target.

It is apparent, from your replies, and other T Net members, that I have failed to communicate effectively. Mixing your words and writing style with mine only made matters worse as we are from different generations and parts of the world. I was surprised that you took this as an attack as I never meant it to be personal. All I wanted, which you provided, was substantiation as your initial post could do serious damage to manufacturing source or mislead a T Net Member. I agree with your findings that at minimum this was a bad batch, and that the customer service you experience was unsatisfactory.

Even though I own and have not had any problems with the wide mouth open basket TREX scoop that I purchased when they first came out, I would neither recommend nor buy a replacement for it from TREX unless there is a drastic improvement in customer service and quality control.

There are two scoop manufacturers which have provided extraordinary customer service to me,
Chuck – manufacturer of Stealth Scoop(s)

RTG which sent me a steel tip kit for the aluminum sand scoop they make. Exclusively for Kellyco.
If I selectively missed parts of the story, it was not intentional, as I did not realize we had an argument.

Is there anything else, that you feel needs to be said or you are due?
I would really like to be done with this and move on, but I am leaving it open to you out of respect for a fellow seasoned treasure hunter.

If you ever find your self in the middle of no where, with no treasure hunting gear, send me a PM. The location will be obvious when you get there. I know of where there is an extra scoop and detector available for such occasions.

Only thing I deleted were negative comments that I said AFTER your initial attack. I responded to your comments and decided to remove some of it because it was out of character to keep and had no value towards the direction of my review. To attempt to change direction from the topic of the scoop to my retraction of comments that were in poor taste is nothing to complain about . I simply decided to stay classy. I highly understand my eating ship rates. Did you selectively miss all of the other parts to the story that do not validate your argument? Perhaps the 9.5 isn't junk. Perhaps they had a bad batch. The main thing that got under my skin was the over the phone treatment that was handed to me.

Last edited:

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
SGC,

Is there anything else, that you feel needs to be said or you are due?
I would really like to be done with this and move on, but I am leaving it open to you out of respect for a fellow seasoned treasure hunter.
SGC I'm not due anything, except maybe a ring.... Been over 3 wks with no gold.... Thank you for being a stand up person and happy hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread