Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an Excalibur 2 while beach hunting and was wondering which scoop would be the
best in water or wet to packed sand areas. I was looking at some Stealth has and have
talked with Chuck at the shop and he is steering me towards the 920 ix X-treme. I have come
to the conclusion that this scoop may be great for in water, but wet sand way to heavy of
a load to handle. @ 66 yrs. old maybe.... Any thoughts, advice, would be appreciated since
I need help with deciding on this. I want the scoop to drain fast, and be stout enough to
dig in shell areas...In other words, the best of both worlds is what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Dennis

Upvote 0

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This made my decision easy. Hope it helps

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a member of this forum ( treasure hunter) that has an aluminum scoop with a stainless steel tip. I think that's as close as you going to get. Maybe he will chime shortly or you should reach out to him.

Last edited:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you think the 920 is too big then get the 7inch one. I have the 9 inch I dont notice weight at all. Remember you are only lifting the sand up a few inches to dump it or sift it. If you were trying to lift it up to waist high, then yea it will get heavy fast. I considered each and after talking to people who had both nearly every one of them recommended the 9 inch.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Just sent you a PM...
I use an Excalibur 2 while beach hunting and was wondering which scoop would be the
best in water or wet to packed sand areas. I was looking at some Stealth has and have
talked with Chuck at the shop and he is steering me towards the 920 ix X-treme. I have come
to the conclusion that this scoop may be great for in water, but wet sand way to heavy of
a load to handle. @ 66 yrs. old maybe.... Any thoughts, advice, would be appreciated since
I need help with deciding on this. I want the scoop to drain fast, and be stout enough to
dig in shell areas...In other words, the best of both worlds is what I am looking for.

Thanks,
Dennis

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This made my decision easy. Hope it helps

Is this scoop stout enough for flat packed sand areas with lots of shells under it. It really looks great, maybe my solution.. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a member of this forum ( treasure hunter) that has an aluminum scoop with a stainless steel tip. I think that's as close as you going to get. Maybe he will chime shortly or you should reach out to him.

This sounds like the scoop I have been using for years. Got it long time ago at Kellyco.. It just doesn't drain (sift) fast enough, not enough holes. It is very stout though, for sure.. Thanks!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the Stealth 930I. Just posted a thread of my first neck deep adventure at a fresh water lake. With the hard red clay & a little sand & rocks, the 930I's "V" shaped bottom was not bringing up much at all - one spot I bet I scooped 10 times before finding the target. I have a second scoop with a rounded bottom I think I'll use the next time...

At the ocean with the sandy bottom, the Stealth will be the go to scoop.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1321327

I use a six foot two piece stainless steel sand scoop from so off company called AAA. The basket is 8 inches wide, 6 inches tall and 14 inches deep. The weight is around 3.7 kilograms. I do not mind the weight as I wanted something taller, but also something that does not break. I am a big man that tends to break things and in 4 years of lugging this I have never had a problem.

Before I had one of those aluminum ones, it was also being repaired. My wife uses the same one and now my son uses my old one too. They are not as hard on things like I am.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this scoop stout enough for flat packed sand areas with lots of shells under it. It really looks great, maybe my solution.. Thanks!

Yea, from what I hear the narrower design of the 720 is more effective/durable in rocks and shells

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I own both the Stealth 720 and the 920ix. They both have their place but for our sandy beaches of Florida, the 920 is my first choice. It's wider bite is very much appreciated and the smaller oblong holes in the rear and the reinforced kick plate are all real pluses in my book.

Additionally, Chucks life time guarantee cannot be beat. He is a straight shooter and will always stand behind his product.

With either the 720 or the 920, you will have one of the best if not the very best scoop on the market today.

Just the view from my foxhole....

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, from what I hear the narrower design of the 720 is more effective/durable in rocks and shells

I am thinking the bracing on the 720 is a bit slighter than the 920. I do not know this for a fact, but think I remember reading
or seeing it somewhere. I suppose the 920 being as big as it is, it probably would be heavier bracing. I guess it is what it is, just
thinking it over.. Thanks!!

leaning towards the 720 though...just hard to pull the trigger with all the pro's and con's of different scoops..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
When ordering a Stealth scoop, you build it selecting from options. I went with the heavy duty option for my 930i. You read on here so frequently about members destroying their scoops during use. Not all scoops are created equal, and when you're looking at some big bucks for scoops - $100 and up, you would normally want something you won't have to frequently replace.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 67 and I use a stealth 9" and the 10" beach brute II.... 7" scoops are to small for me digging in water and wet sand..

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 67 and I use a stealth 9" and the 10" beach brute II.... 7" scoops are to small for me digging in water and wet sand..

I think it will be no problem for me either, but you mentioned the 9 or 10 for water or wet sand, but then again up near high tide area where
it may get a bit harder with shells and rocks, the question is: is the 920 too big for that area?? I guess at that point I could unfold a 6 inch scoop out of my pocket
and go to town... This is why I ask, best all around, for water, sand, and shell and rock areas....If a person knew he wasn't going to hunt anything but the water or wet sand the
9 or 10 would undoubtedly be the way to go, it just might not be the ticket for the harder areas. Thanks for the help!!!

Post Script: I can probably agree, that maybe the 920 could be used in the harder areas also, but that's a lot of scoop to push in that gravel.... I guess??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stealth works real good in shells...

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stealth works real good in shells...

Thanks!! I have more or less figured on buying the Stealth product, but it was a toss up between the 720 and 920.
What is your final verdict for best all around. 720 or 920 ? That is, if you were going to hunt all parts of the beach. I will
put my money on your verdict. They well make my scoop Monday Chuck said. Any and all suggestions appreciated!!

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the 720i and it's perfect for depth, cherry picking and working the water. I did purchase the 920i but sold it. Too wide and would pancake in the hole.
The 720i on the other hand gives me more depth and the sharp point helps me grab the target easier without getting stuck in the hole.
Carbon fiber handle is a must. All IMHO of course.
Best of luck in your decision.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the info and replies of advice. I am new navigating on the forum and didn't realize
there was a Thread and or Sticky just for this subject. But hey, just wanted to jump in and
join the PARTY, couldn't wait to cut the cake....

I will more than likely go with the 720 beefed up a bit. Will talk with Chuck Monday first thing. Thanks!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread