Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fathers Day Finds.jpg

Got to Santa Monica at 6:00am on Fathers Day. First target I hit in the wet sand with my CTX 3030 was one of those crappy, you know its going to be a zinc penny high tones :laughing7:. Pulled a new zinc penny with my first scoop. I was thinking this shallow zinc should have banged in with solid numbers so I recheck the hole and get that sweet mid tone. Out comes a 10K little heart ring. :icon_thumright:. With a smile on my face I keep inching towards the water and get another solid mid tone and out come another 14K with some small diamonds (have to find my diamond tester):thumbsup:. I don't think I've ever had back to back gold rings finds before.

As it usually goes for me after finding something good right off the bat, all I dig for the next 4 hours is coins and trash (About par for the course, right :dontknow:). I met up with my two detecting buddies, Bill and Frank. Frank has scored a nice silver necklace and around 10:30 I'm out of water and tell them I'm going to my car to get some more. I get more water, eat a banana, some almonds and head back. You know what they say, "always swing your coil over the sand to and from your car. About 30 yards from my car on the dry sand I get a solid mid tone and nickel numbers, out comes a 14K wedding band :thumbsup:. I haven't counted my clad but I sure I have between $8.00 and $10.00. Just one of those days:headbang:

I haven't been out much this year. Got out about a week or two ago at the same place. Scored 3 rings and a huge Guadalupe Virgin gold looking religious coin but all junk! My fingers and forearm were cramping up real bad and my fat butt was dragging but I had a blast!

HH Keep it low and slow and dig everything that doesn't grunt iron when you're at the beach! (FYI I use to post under RandyNorthridgeCa)

Upvote 0

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Randy

Really nice finds, Congrats.. I'm getting my CTX delivered tomorrow. I can't wait to hit the beach with it. Take care and HH.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
EXCELLENT day Randyg! That's one hunt you will never forget.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A banana and some almonds? Here it would be breakfast tacos with salsa and a Big Red. I thought about my sister who lived in L.A. for 35 years until she bought a ranch in Montana. Used to visit her and get fed zucchini and salad with sprouts. Nice finds though.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
3 golds in one hunt makes for a pretty dang good day! Congratulations!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!

My experience has been the opposite.
I usually do not find anything good, till I am exhausted and ready to call it quits.
Strangely, most of the time the finds are near where I started out.

Also, I have detected 14 K gold wedding bands, medium size men's that come up as zinc.
it's not often, but it happens.
Suspect that zinc has been used as part of the alloy.

Have yet to find multiple gold rings in one hunt.
Sounds like your not using a harness, I use the one made by minelab on dry and wet sand - love it.
More than doubles the time I can hunt. It's dragging the scoop that wears me out, when wearing harness.
THe only hunt that I had that was good as your's was in my dreams.

View attachment 1328132

Got to Santa Monica at 6:00am on Fathers Day. First target I hit in the wet sand with my CTX 3030 was one of those crappy, you know its going to be a zinc penny high tones :laughing7:. Pulled a new zinc penny with my first scoop. I was thinking this shallow zinc should have banged in with solid numbers so I recheck the hole and get that sweet mid tone. Out comes a 10K little heart ring. :icon_thumright:. With a smile on my face I keep inching towards the water and get another solid mid tone and out come another 14K with some small diamonds (have to find my diamond tester):thumbsup:. I don't think I've ever had back to back gold rings finds before.

As it usually goes for me after finding something good right off the bat, all I dig for the next 4 hours is coins and trash (About par for the course, right :dontknow:). I met up with my two detecting buddies, Bill and Frank. Frank has scored a nice silver necklace and around 10:30 I'm out of water and tell them I'm going to my car to get some more. I get more water, eat a banana, some almonds and head back. You know what they say, "always swing your coil over the sand to and from your car. About 30 yards from my car on the dry sand I get a solid mid tone and nickel numbers, out comes a 14K wedding band :thumbsup:. I haven't counted my clad but I sure I have between $8.00 and $10.00. Just one of those days:headbang:

I haven't been out much this year. Got out about a week or two ago at the same place. Scored 3 rings and a huge Guadalupe Virgin gold looking religious coin but all junk! My fingers and forearm were cramping up real bad and my fat butt was dragging but I had a blast!

HH Keep it low and slow and dig everything that doesn't grunt iron when you're at the beach! (FYI I use to post under RandyNorthridgeCa)

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
View attachment 1328132

Got to Santa Monica at 6:00am on Fathers Day. First target I hit in the wet sand with my CTX 3030 was one of those crappy, you know its going to be a zinc penny high tones :

I'm SOOOO tired of pennies that I hit the ol check mark on the ctx for the 12.36 tones. What number did that "penny" come up as? 12.2x ? I tend to dig it ALL but the 12.36/12.37 drives me INSANE.. Awesome finds.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A banana and some almonds? Here it would be breakfast tacos with salsa and a Big Red. I thought about my sister who lived in L.A. for 35 years until she bought a ranch in Montana. Used to visit her and get fed zucchini and salad with sprouts. Nice finds though.

Thanks Austin! The reason I'm eating bananas and almonds is because I've eaten too many breakfast tacos with salsa and a Big Red!:laughing7: HH Randy

OP
OP
Randyg12

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm SOOOO tired of pennies that I hit the ol check mark on the ctx for the 12.36 tones. What number did that "penny" come up as? 12.2x ? I tend to dig it ALL but the 12.36/12.37 drives me INSANE.. Awesome finds.
?

Thanks Jeep! The zinc in with the ring was a bouncer with mixed tones and the numbers were all over the place. I dug it because I've dug rings with those same tones. Most of the time its just a deep corroded zinc. My Solid zinc readings on my CTX come in the same as your numbers.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the rings! Sweet, back to back, wow! I can feel your excitement. Good luck and I hope you continue to find more with the CTX.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread