Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

kazeej

Greenie
May 2, 2016
South Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went for a little night hunting last night with my daughter on the beach. After about ten minutes walked up on a group of people obviously nor from around here DIGGING UP A SEA TURTLE BED. They absolutely destroyed the whole thing. Couldn't believe the disregard. Sad times...

Did you report them? FWC loves catching scum like this.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Bad, very Bad - Nothing will get detectors banned from metal detecting on beache(s) than destruction of Sea Turtle Bed(s), as if not reported the assumption will be that the damage was done by a detectorist.

I understand that you could not confront them as you are dealing with a Criowd and that your daughter was with you. However, they should of been reported, so that they could be charged and arrested - even if you had to leave the beach to do so. It is probably not the correct way, but I would of called 911 and requested police assistance - as I felt threathened. The justification is that any crowd (obviously at the low end of the Darwinian Gene Pool) that would do this to a sea turtle bed is definitely dangerous and to be feared - since you are a witness Once, the police arrive - A police report would be filed, even if you did not stick around.

Went for a little night hunting last night with my daughter on the beach. After about ten minutes walked up on a group of people obviously nor from around here DIGGING UP A SEA TURTLE BED. They absolutely destroyed the whole thing. Couldn't believe the disregard. Sad times...

OP
OP
W

wraith1821

Dec 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I ran off the beach and found the first officer I could. A whole battallion of them responded with FWC. I was def disgusted. Hope the officer made note that a detectorist reported it.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did see a knucklehead on the news the other night, somewhere on the east coast. He got himself arrested, I guess the turtle eggs are some sort of aphrodisiac.... Call me a prude if you want, but turtle eggs don't get me riled up, not the way big silver does....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
there are folks ( mostly of the Hispanic / Caribbean island cultures) that eat sea turtle eggs as part of their diet * they are thought of as a "special treat" (there is a black market for the eggs ) --there are also jerk buttholes that kill things "for fun" and smash nests breaking up the eggs because well their morons ... messing with those eggs is a huge no no and will get their butt in serious trouble if they get caught doing it..

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for reporting them and sorry it interrupted your trip with your daughter. Hope they are punished for their crimes.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I say HANG EM'. The idiot scumbags deserve ANYTHING that happens to them. Glad you reported them. I would have called the Media. They LOVE these type stories. Put their faces on the News for their 15 minutes of SHAME.!!! God that burns me.!!! :BangHead: Can you follow up on it to see what the outcome was by contacting the local Police. They would have a Report on it and then Post it all here. We'd appreciate it. I hope your girl was not to upset over it. PEACE:RONB >:(

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The world is full of idiots. You tube is full of 'em, well documented.

There was one where a guy jumped on a moose a year ago from a boat. (while it was swimming) It took a year, but they caught the genius.

They try to ride Manatees around here. I'm happy to see when they get caught.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi; I say HANG EM'. The idiot scumbags deserve ANYTHING that happens to them. Glad you reported them. I would have called the Media. They LOVE these type stories. Put their faces on the News for their 15 minutes of SHAME.!!! God that burns me.!!! :BangHead: Can you follow up on it to see what the outcome was by contacting the local Police. They would have a Report on it and then Post it all here. We'd appreciate it. I hope your girl was not to upset over it. PEACE:RONB >:(

Hang them? Seriously? Can't do it that way. Need to use Texas Law. GIVE THEM A FAIR TRIAL, and then HANG EM. I got the rope...

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
It is times like that when I am glad I detect armed. Confront them, let them attack you, and then "Stand your ground." Gotta love Florida law...

Officer: "why did you shoot?"
Metal detector who just got in fight with sea turtle egg hunters: "I was in fear for my life."
Officer: "Why?"
MDWJGIFWSTEH: "I was hit with multiple blows from different people and thought they would kill me."
Officer: "No charges need to be filed here. He was standing his ground."

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It is times like that when I am glad I detect armed. Confront them, let them attack you, and then "Stand your ground." Gotta love Florida law...

Metal detector who just got in fight with sea turtle egg hunters: "I was in fear for my life."
MDWJGIFWSTEH: "I was hit with multiple blows from different people and thought they would kill me."
Officer: "No charges need to be filed here. He was standing his ground."[/QUOTE

Confronting them could be considered provoking them.
Should the use of deadly force be justified by you proving your life was threatened by a proven means and ability...the civil suit to follow and having killed or maimed some one over sea turtle eggs would be somber. Then still , hope intent does not come into play ; unless you have diplomatic immunity.

I'd state nests are Protected by law and move on to a site where a discrete call could be made to authorities.
Then watch my environment returning to my entrance and or vehicle for prying eyes and avoid vehicle due to confirmed association with it and it's plate , till clear.
But then my use of deadly force is restricted to valid threat of my life, as a last option I'm not eager to employ.

Last edited:

gobble-gobble

Sep 7, 2012
North Port , Florida
Detector(s) used
own, excal 1000, excal. II , explorer II, Fisher CZ21, Vibra-Tector

Sold-BHID (2), DetecorPro-PI, Fisher CZ 2o, Fisher1280, Sovereign & many other minelabs & whites detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWC OFFICE in your area.
8535 Northlake Blvd.
West Palm Beach , Fl. 33412-3303
(561) 625-5122
Thomas Reinert, Regional Director

Violations HOT LINE
1-888-404-3922
on cell phones dial------- *FWC or #FWC DEPENDING ON SERVICE CARRIER

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other

Should the use of deadly force be justified by you proving your life was threatened by a proven means and ability...the civil suit to follow and having killed or maimed some one over sea turtle eggs would be somber. Then still , hope intent does not come into play ; unless you have diplomatic immunity.

I'd state nests are Protected by law and move on to a site where a discrete call could be made to authorities.
Then watch my environment returning to my entrance and or vehicle for prying eyes and avoid vehicle due to confirmed association with it and it's plate , till clear.
But then my use of deadly force is restricted to valid threat of my life, as a last option I'm not eager to employ.[/QUOTE

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast: Man never is, but always to be blest." Alexander Pope

Enough is enough...truth of the matter is would of just given them all a beat down and let the cops stroll in later to cuff 'em. My point was that a man needs to stand up and confront the evils in front of them. A man who stands up for nothing...stands for nothing.

Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for getting involved - I personally think they should add caning to their jail time.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yummmm, turtle! :occasion14:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure they weren't from the turtle huggers group? I watched a group of them dig one up in Mexico Beach that they had monitored and it was past due for them to hatch. They dug it up and helped many escape the nest and had like flowerbed edging laid down in sand that helped guide them down to the water. The only problem was all the idiot tourists started screaming and going crazy which ruined the moment.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you reported them! Did they get there in time to arrest them?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

But then my use of deadly force is restricted to valid threat of my life, as a last option I'm not eager to employ.[/QUOTE

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast: Man never is, but always to be blest." Alexander Pope

Enough is enough...truth of the matter is would of just given them all a beat down and let the cops stroll in later to cuff 'em. My point was that a man needs to stand up and confront the evils in front of them. A man who stands up for nothing...stands for nothing.

Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee.[

Get worn out fighting all evil . Having hosted refugees who thought if you catch it you can eat it , as in their native country.....evil was not the right term for their actions , though surprise was.
Being followed home I've experienced by both police and an angry for a fight civilian.
Added watching my backtrail to watching my front ,and sides.
A neighbor got stomped the same way.

Having a weapon does not create more targets for my combating evil. Nor would I have it add me as a target any more often.
I'll fight if needed and go down swingin. Been there a time or two.
Learned to avoid encouraging them though.
A patient hunt trumps chasing a thinking quarry into a table turned , button hook ambush.
A passion creating an event allowing discovery of any of some ones patterns,habits,home,vehicle, work ,ect an invite for fought evil to retaliate.
Choose exposure wisely lest a real evil targets the exposed.

The news media's exposure for shooting a turtle egg raider...heck no. Let alone the relatives and comrades of the leaky party.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread