cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that can't swing the heavy beach machines (Excalibur, CTX3030, CZ21, etc), even with a harness, so, they're looking at the Deus. They want discrimination, so, don't say to get a PI machine! Not going to happen. Has anyone some first hand experience using the Deus at a salt water beach, both in the water and/or on wet sand? Have you used the waterproof kit they have for one? Any head to head comparisons to the other machines I mentioned? Any first hand experience appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excal with a hip mount? Can't get any lighter. Been using it for a couple years. I mount it on my back vs the side. Avoids stress on the wires.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way I do mine too, but, they need an all around machine and I wouldn't use an Excal in a park.

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried mine all week this week with no luck in the water or even on the really wet sand. In dry sand it worked great.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some guys that have dropped a deus in saltwater

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Deus doesn't really have a waterproof kit. The coil is submergible but requires a wire to carry the signal to the control unit.

It works on wet sand marginally OK. Not the best choice though. Depth is reduced and signal recognition is trickier.

I've used in wet sand when no other choice but really would not recommend it for that. (I LOVE my Dual Field .. and it's really not that heavy)

Joe

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A waterproof kit is listed as available for the Deus. Is it not for using underwater? Just a signal transfer and splash kit?

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a cable that attaches to the coil and a copper wire runs up and attaches to the main control unit. Well i say attaches it really just sets by it. You have to put the main control unit in a water tight bag like for cell phones. It comes with waterproof headphones as well bit i just dont like it. Just seems to be a long afterthought to me with to many variables that can go wrong.

The bad part is you cant even just detect with the coil under the water unless you attach the wire to the coil and main controller b/c with it being wireless it looses signal. Not knocking my deus by any means just the waterproof to me seems more along the lines of a gimmick to sell another kit.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like they need to design a second machine that will work at a salt water beach instead of trying to make their existing one work (or not) Sounds like their waterproof kit is pretty hokey to me.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like they need to design a second machine that will work at a salt water beach instead of trying to make their existing one work (or not) Sounds like their waterproof kit is pretty hokey to me.

Hopefully the new 4.0 software will work better in the salt water. But, as stated, the waterproof kit is more of an "after thought". I love the Deus, but do not hunt in the water. If saltwater IS part of the plan, the Deus might not be...

Best of luck to you CM!

Kilohertz

Feb 20, 2014
What are you people talking about? Deus CAN detect underwater.. I have the waterproof kit for the deus and it is designed very well for the price. I was actually a little impressed. It came with underwater headphones which i really like.

You need to have the wire from the coil to the circuit board like every other detector in order to transmit in water. I have used it several times now in fresh water with the whole unit submerged and it works just as on land. I usually turn up the Audio Response though.

On my last water hunt, i spent 3 hours in the water with the whole unit submerged and occasionally tried some pretty "deep" areas with my scuba gear that might have been about 7-8 feet down. Remote stayed completely dry, i check it once in a while to make sure the seal is intact.

From my experience, wet beach gb setting doesnt work as well as tracking gb.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Actual Deus waterproof kit has been designed for freshwater hunting only.

The CEO and Founder of XP Metal (DEUS Manuf) Alain LOUBET is a well renowned MDG hunting in places that are less accessible and extreme in land.. you can easily understand why DEUS has been designed to meet those requirements.

Software version 4.0 along with a dedicate coil will provide shortly a Salt and submersible solution.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread