Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kicker 1 - hunting at a RI bch - had hunted out deep with little results and was getting hammered by waves so headed in shallow
had just found a silver ring - my GF saw me in close and headed over with some water - a guy just floated up in front of me after boogie boarding on a wave
as he got up he took his sunglasses off and asked if I got anything good - as he did he got hit with a wave and it knocked his glasses out of his hand
"oh crap!" - "i just lost my glasses" I asked if they were metal as he grabbed left and right thinking he could retrieve them but water was rough -
I told him to step back so he would not step on them - few swipes of the coil and got loud blast - did not want to scoop and risk breaking them - told him to reach down
to my coil and see if he felt them - bingo - got them
kicker 2
I see my Gf laughing and yell over - "Did you just find those for him?" "I knew he lost something the way you were looking"
she walks up and hands me my water and says "he is always finding something for someone"
I don't always show sunglass returns or key returns - just rings usually
the guy thanks me and as he walks away - I put my headphones on and he stops my gal and says "Hey..Hi.." She says "do I know you?"
He says "aren't you my letter carrier?" she says "I'm not from around here" he says "neither am I "
2 1/2 hrs from home and I find sunglasses of guy that lives a town over from us and she delivers mail to
thumbnail_20160718_123432[1].jpg

Upvote 0

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt.
Interesting how small the world can be at times.

So how many years have you been using your CZ 21 from that harness?
So many people warn about too much stress on the wire connectors. I'm still undecided on the chest harness or the under elbow mount.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is my relic hunting land set up - my regular machine was dead from the day before
that is fine out of the water - but out where I hunt in deeper water - box smacks you in the face - specially in the waves
always bring a back up - I actually own 3

Nice hunt.
Interesting how small the world can be at times.

So how many years have you been using your CZ 21 from that harness?
So many people warn about too much stress on the wire connectors. I'm still undecided on the chest harness or the under elbow mount.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange things and coincidences happen metal detecting...Ive had a lot of "you gotta be kidding me" moments while detecting...congrats on the return.

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
A similar story ;

I am a retired letter carrier, too. When I was still working, I used to help a friend with his dredge. We never found much gold but would find coins, jewelry, etc., sometimes. I wasn't with him this day, but one time he found a 1934 man's class ring while dredging in a lake about 60 miles away. He wanted to sell it as scrap, but it was pristine & had an initial inside, so I encouraged him to contact the college , about 150 miles from the location where it was found. They quickly supplied him with the potential owner's name, & it was a SUCCESS ! The guy lived on MY MAIL ROUTE !!!! He lost it the same year he graduated, 1934.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Cool story, Enjoyed. Amazing what this hobby does for everyone.

Also thank you for the gloves, the Jellyfish have arrived.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing the story with a happy return! :occasion14:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those gloves grip real good too - when wet

Very Cool story, Enjoyed. Amazing what this hobby does for everyone.

Also thank you for the gloves, the Jellyfish have arrived.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread