May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Whats the best beach in NJ to metal detect to find the most rings or coins. I tried asbury park would there be any better beaches to try.

Its not what is the best beach...but when is the best time/conditions to go to the right beach to increase your chances of good finds. Rings and coins can be found anywhere on the beach. Did you find anything in asbury? I would imagine that is a good beach to detect as well as all of the other ones around it. But it could be sanded in, have a beach cleaner that takes the top each night, have many other detectors there, etc. so you need to learn when to go.

OP
OP
S
Jul 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did find some things but a beach cleaner does clean the top of the beach over night. Do you know of any beaches that does not have a beach cleaner?

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Not in NJ. I was there earlier this summer and I tried about 5 beaches in monmouth county and each had a beach cleaner so the dry sand was not very good. Wet/water would be where I am hunting there or dry sand at night before the cleaners come through for recent drops.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These post makes me giggle.
Like someone is going to tell you where they are finding all their rings hehehe.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"The Best Beaches in New Jersey For Gold Rings and Silver Coins," by Terry Soloman. $39.95 plus shipping. :skullflag:

OP
OP
S
Jul 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think point pleasant or sea side hieghts would be good beaches to hunt? Have you ever found silver coins on beaches?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you think point pleasant or sea side hieghts would be good beaches to hunt? Have you ever found silver coins on beaches?

Pay up and I'll tell you. :skullflag:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as long as you hit a beach that has had some good crowds and lots of swimmers, there could be a "Lucky" fresh drop to found on most any of them. Just have to

swing that tector and cover some ground.

Good Luck,

HH

Dennis

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
COME ON "NEW MEAT" you know you don't want to waste your time on amateur beaches with losers. Buy the Book!:occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already read Terry's book - sell you my used copy for $45.95

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thing to do - do Google searches for NJ beaches - or NJ saltwater beaches or NJ fresh water beaches
then take your pick - every beach has potential -IF - someone losses something there
Ive told people in past - Ive hit beaches with 1000 people a day on them and came up empty (many times) and then hit
small town spot with a beach about 20 yards by 20 yards maybe sees 15-20 people a day - and got one of my best diamond rings - you never know

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do dry sand much at all - but sending you a PM with some of articles ive written - maybe you'll get something out of them to help

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't do dry sand much at all - but sending you a PM with some of articles ive written - maybe you'll get something out of them to help

You keep sending these free articles and Terry is gonna come looking for you. You're cutting into his book sales. :laughing7:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Ive told people in past - Ive hit beaches with 1000 people a day on them and came up empty (many times) and then hit
small town spot with a beach about 20 yards by 20 yards maybe sees 15-20 people a day - and got one of my best diamond rings - you never know

I am glad more people don't seem to realize this. Some of my best finds are those obscure beaches. I will find nothing on the beach with 1000 people and then bam, silver quarters, gold rings, etc on areas of the beach no one wants to detect.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad more people don't seem to realize this. Some of my best finds are those obscure beaches. I will find nothing on the beach with 1000 people and then bam, silver quarters, gold rings, etc on areas of the beach no one wants to detect.

yes,,, this may be a very true fact about the obscure beaches for sure,,,,but I have seen some awesome finds come from the beaches with those 1000 people dripping their

jewelry all over the place. At those beaches, mostly it is the first come first serve opportunities and the night low tide hunts usually yield some great drops. I myself have done

fairly good on those kind of beaches. But,,,,I do agree whole-heartily that some of the out-of-the-way beaches CAN and do produce some great finds....JMHO

HH

Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread