28 RING rings in 16 HOURS (7 days)

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
28 RINGS in 16 HOURS (7 days)

9AU, 3Pt, 5AG, 5 tungsten 6 yet to be cleaned and identified. Most likely they are junk.
One hat trick (Platinum, Gold and Silver in one day).
Two rings with diamonds: 3 on one and 6 on the other. One 24K ring.
I had to fight a sting ray and jelly fish for the right to detect. Great fun!

Best of all: my last find was a 10 day "old" wedding band and was returned to its owner! Marriage saved.
I tried to return the college ring and another wedding with no luck.
The college had no record and the owner of a wedding band left without leaving their information.

Other totals: 34 coins, 5 pendents, 1 pair earrings, a locket, a bracelet, a locket, and a starfish for Pandora.
Something less than 25 bottle caps/pull tabs. less than 80 targets in the 16 hours (5/hour). A slow but GREAT hunt.

Attachments

• 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Upvote 1

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Lord...what a good week you had!
You found these on the Cape? Wow!
I miss the Cape, especially when the fog rolls in, and you can smell the salt air...

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a fact about the Colleges have no and keep no records of their students after graduation,,,, we called and said no record available....at least the College I called anyway..

Great, Great, bunch of Finds !!! Have never ever got even close to a hunt like this....congrats for sure!!!!

HH

Dennis

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAAAAT??? 28 rings and only 34 coins? I'd take that ratio any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Congrats on a great hunt.
Were you wading or scuba diving?

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is a sweet pile of treasure. Congrats! Thanks for sharing!!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW!!! I vote Banner -- -- -- not for the finds, but for WaterWalker!! Rodeo Rider.gif

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grief! My best totals for a month only yielded 27 rings. What a honey hole you found! :notworthy:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The math in my head doesn't sound right, maybe I need some more rum. Nice finds

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
That is a killer amount of rings. Great hunts you had.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get out of my dream!!!!! Great job I got the at pro seems hard to pinpoint targets in the water lots and lots of low signals 20s ish I'm glad you are doing well keeps me inspired. Thanks for sharing your finds keep it up Stay safe.. Tommy

OP
OP
WaterWalker

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
From the Caribbean, not a virgin spot only lucky timing between other pirates; wearing swim trunks, UV shirt and full face snorkel mask; swinging the Excalibur with a WOT coil; Cape Cod finds only one ring found THIS YEAR that was not a call out for a search – the six rings and a set of car keys I found have been returned. My bags are packed and I’m ready to go...again in about 6 months...they should have more targets and RUM by then. I am NOT adopting anyone, I have a daughter and grandson in the home right now, that’s enough. I have had better vacation totals back in the early 2000s BUT never such a fun hunt and with three women and me, I never stopped hopping! (The 3 were: my wife, sister and one of the Grand Dames of detecting). Hope this answers all questions, except maybe who is the Grand Dame?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the Caribbean, not a virgin spot only lucky timing between other pirates; wearing swim trunks, UV shirt and full face snorkel mask; swinging the Excalibur with a WOT coil; Cape Cod finds only one ring found THIS YEAR that was not a call out for a search – the six rings and a set of car keys I found have been returned. My bags are packed and I’m ready to go...again in about 6 months...they should have more targets and RUM by then. I am NOT adopting anyone, I have a daughter and grandson in the home right now, that’s enough. I have had better vacation totals back in the early 2000s BUT never such a fun hunt and with three women and me, I never stopped hopping! (The 3 were: my wife, sister and one of the Grand Dames of detecting). Hope this answers all questions, except maybe who is the Grand Dame?
Thanks for the info and congrats on some outstanding treasure finds...you had a dream trip...very nice.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome-job-blue-graphic.gif How did Grand Dame do?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the tremendous ring find recovery! :occasion14:

Had fun detecting with you and my daughter at the farm.

GL & HH

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread