CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1340032

Tide was coming in and had just about flattened a sandcastle, just mostly a hump left but I always when nearby

like to check out for treasures lost in the Moat. Will, while I did notice the hump I took a swing at the side the tide was

coming in on,,, and got a hit and took a scoop of sand,,,sifted right there in water,,,,looked in bottom of scoop and saw this ring

in bottom of the 720,,,,thought,,,,,pay dirt,,,man 'O' man,,,,pay dirt !!! I calmly collected and put in cargo pocket without

checking for marks or anything,,,I just knew I had a good hit,,, maybe a great hit... Sometimes,,, I will do this with a ring or

piece of jewelry,,not check right then but put away in pocket so as this way I can at least think I could have a keeper in

my pocket and keep my buzz going until later when in the right place to take a good look for markings. This sort of

lifts my spirits just thinking I may have a really nice find in my pocket,,,even though it turned out to be JUNK!!! Quite the buzz killer!!!

Some or maybe most of you can at a glance, which is what I took,,, look at a diamond ring and tell the difference, I cannot......:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::tongue3:

HH

Dennis

Upvote 0

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: we've all had our share of those heart stoppers :laughing7:. Still a good find:thumbsup: I've found my share of gold rings in those sandcastles so never pass them up. I even like to work above and below them too! :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That baby would blind you in the sun light, Just Sorry to see it was a junker. Good Luck and hopefully the next will be the real deal!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the same problem. I look fast but don't dwell on my finds underwater. I had one a few days ago I thought was gold. Not. Just a plated teaser.

I think all of us at one time or another have a nitro moment. Goes FAST when you find you have junk

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3ce19f9e63a0ef479332f279ccffbc9b.jpg Hope the next one is Awesome

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I can relate. Recently scooped a ring, took a quick glance which revelead a gold ring with a heart shaped ruby bordered by two diamonds before putting it away. I was on cloud nine for a while. the reality of what i found was much deferent on later inspection. There was no ruby or diamonds or gold. My mind filled in all the blanks from the quick glance. And a very good job it did..

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have pocketed platinum and diamond rings, thinking "immaculate junk", only to later get the shock of my life!
I've also palmed silver rings with cubic zirconias, and just KNEW, man o man o man o man, only to be disappointed later.
Nowadays, I just consider everything junk..... especially with my eyeballs, and just wait till I get to the car or home, to really check it.

Keep at it, you'll be back in gold territory, in no time!
You're ring, at least, is real pretty..... GL & HH!

Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be cool for me to find. I haven't even found junk jewelry. :laughing7:

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO, I can relate to everything you're saying and then WHAM reality. Nice looking junk for sure, probably cost a good bit too. I think from now on, I will keep mind in my pouch longer too, like you said at least you get a fueling rush. lol. Recently I recall someone on TN finding a gold plated Stainless ring. I remember someone saying that is dirty wrong. It would have the tone and looks. Thanks for sharing I got a good laugh, sorry I felt your pain. :(

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch.....been there! Just remember that it just as easily could have been the real McCoy! Thanks for sharing though!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's smart to squirrel the find away like it was junk as you don't know who is watching you.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been there, done that. Next time.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that thing looks good...I always check the sand castles thinking some ones ring came off digging in the sand but Ive never found one around a castle...I do the same thing with a ring Im not sure about...as long as I don't check it, Ive still got a chance.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's smart to squirrel the find away like it was junk as you don't know who is watching you.

Yes indeed Sandman,,,,swishing in the water with scoop instead of kicking the pile makes for a hidden surprise in the bottom of your scoop only for 'your' eyes to see.....

I can actually have someone watching me or even 2or 3 or more,,,they never even get the chance to see my find,,,,i am good at transferring to my pocket like a magician....

Hey,,,,ain't nobody's business anyway......

I do have to add this little statement,,,,a lady came straight to me while I had just scooped a pull tab,,,she says "you haven't found a man's gold wedding band have you?" I politely said

no,,, and that if I did and she described it,,,it would be hers and that would be that....

HH

Thanks for all the comments, been fun reading !!

Dennis

Last edited:

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, regardless of real or junk!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, my heart would of stopped right there. Still a very nice looking ring.
Best of luck!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sometimes those junkers can fool you.

[Some years ago, I dug a .925DY with many diamonds in it. It was encrusted and dropped into the pouch. Took it home and put .925DY Ring and the name David Yurman popped up. Pulled up their catalog and located the ring in Blue Topaz with 26 Paved diamonds, the going price was $900. Today its over $1000. I had them clean and polish the ring for $50 and it looked as good as the ones in the showcase. It resides in a case in my bank box. Luxury Designer Jewelry for Men & Women | David Yurman

QUOTE=RVRoamer66;5063574] View attachment 1340032

Tide was coming in and had just about flattened a sandcastle, just mostly a hump left but I always when nearby

like to check out for treasures lost in the Moat. Will, while I did notice the hump I took a swing at the side the tide was

coming in on,,, and got a hit and took a scoop of sand,,,sifted right there in water,,,,looked in bottom of scoop and saw this ring

in bottom of the 720,,,,thought,,,,,pay dirt,,,man 'O' man,,,,pay dirt !!! I calmly collected and put in cargo pocket without

checking for marks or anything,,,I just knew I had a good hit,,, maybe a great hit... Sometimes,,, I will do this with a ring or

piece of jewelry,,not check right then but put away in pocket so as this way I can at least think I could have a keeper in

my pocket and keep my buzz going until later when in the right place to take a good look for markings. This sort of

lifts my spirits just thinking I may have a really nice find in my pocket,,,even though it turned out to be JUNK!!! Quite the buzz killer!!!

Some or maybe most of you can at a glance, which is what I took,,, look at a diamond ring and tell the difference, I cannot......:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::tongue3:

HH

Dennis[/QUOTE]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread