First Outing with CZ21 = Gold

Feb 25, 2008
Jackson Purchase area of western Kentucky.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540. Fisher CZ-21; Bounty Hunter SS II; Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, it is my first outing on my beach. I did have the CZ21 out for about 2 hours after first buying it on South Beach. Where I found $0.69

But today was my first attempt to really get to know the machine. 2hrs. before low tide and 2 hours after. I learned a lot but it is obvious I still have a lot to learn about this machine. My targets per hour is down 19% so it'll take some time get used to pinpointing with it plus this is really the first time hunting in the shallow water.

2.6g 18k, mens wedding band. My first gold !!!

Attachments

• 20160805_133852_small.jpg
    20160805_133852_small.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 20160805_134342_small.jpg
    20160805_134342_small.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's awesome! Always a good sign when you find gold right away!

Pinpointing is pretty easy if you have the right size scoop. I can usually 1-2 scoop with the CZ very easily using my 9'' stealthschoop. In autotune just go very slow over the target right/left + up/down and you should be able to get it nearly every time. Much easier than any of my other machines to PP with.

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome! Always a good sign when you find gold right away!

Pinpointing is pretty easy if you have the right size scoop. I can usually 1-2 scoop with the CZ very easily using my 9'' stealthschoop. In autotune just go very slow over the target right/left + up/down and you should be able to get it nearly every time. Much easier than any of my other machines to PP with.

I'm trying a lot of techniques suggested by you and others using the CZ. There are alot of targets on the beach because I am the only one hunting it. So, hunting in autotune and switching to Disc 0 I think may not be the most productive approach for me right now.

I am certainly going to go specifically to some areas of interest (where older hotels used to be) and hunt there since there is so much beach to cover (6.5 km). The beach is kind of a bay and I think it is a little bit isolated from longshore currents. So I am hoping that items lost long ago may still be around in those areas. They may be too deep though?

Anyway, I was already having fun with this hobby. Finding a gold ring makes it much more interesting. Certainly my wife is more interested now. LOL!

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Sounds like you have an awesome untapped place to hunt. I am jealous.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! It going to take longer to hunt the water than dry sand.....just a fact of life. You can't swing as fast and it takes a bit longer to recover a target. Just enjoy the scenery and the fact that there is usually less junk out in the water, so, your ratio of good finds should go up. :thumbsup:

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Very nice great find.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great find. I love my CZ21's. as a matter of fact I just got a new one because my old one died. But I just got it back from Fisher Repair and it works like a champ. I hunt in auto tune and switch to discriminate if I want to check my signal. That sweet sound of getting a mid tone is so addictive to me. Nothing like hearing that sound. Spend as much time as you can getting used to it and master it. I know a lot of folks use their excaliburs and they seem to be great machines also. But I wouldn't take anything for my CZ21. Good luck and happy hunting.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good finds Top! You back in the US?

Could you please get a closer up of that eagle with the dangles - or is that a hair clip? I like the gold, but that eagle looks intriguing!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to LOVE that GOLD !!!! Even better than the chrome domes,,,,in 67 PI :occasion14:

OP
OP

Feb 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds Top! You back in the US?

Could you please get a closer up of that eagle with the dangles - or is that a hair clip? I like the gold, but that eagle looks intriguing!

I am in Brazil. We escaped the hubbub in Rio for our apartment on the beach in Balneário Camboriú
I am going back for the soccer and volleyball gold medal events though.

The eagle is a costume hairclip. Already gone to trash.

The owl earring had me thinking silver for a minute but after rubbing it off a bit you can see it is costume as well.

Thanks for asking.

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the Gold on your first outing with C21. You could not have asked for anything better than starting off like that. Hope you continue to have good luck with it, and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread