CTX wireless headphones ?? what's the advantage to this?

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have overlooked something somewhere......just came to my mind and thought would run by the forum. I know the little wireless box is not
water proof or the headphones that come with the CTX. I have been using my wire to connect to CTX directly and actually haven't figured out
what the advantage is to using the remote wireless unit. Don't hit me too hard,,,I must be having a brain Freeze and will snap out of it soon....:laughing7:

HH

Dennis

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a recent thread on here on using the wireless module, some good points listed on that.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try it and you will see. Its awesome. You can lay the detector down, nothing ever pulling at your head, etc. I really like it. If you are fine with having it connected though then keep it that way. I would give the wireless a try to see if you like it. I think for beach detecting its perfect...but yea definitely not waterproof. I got one of those cases from russia off ebay for mine and it works pretty well.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a recent thread on here on using the wireless module, some good points listed on that.

Thanks, will Search and look see. Must have overlooked the Thread somehow....I see at the bottom of page some references to this.....just thinking out loud, I guess :tongue3:

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try it and you will see. Its awesome. You can lay the detector down, nothing ever pulling at your head, etc. I really like it. If you are fine with having it connected though then keep it that way. I would give the wireless a try to see if you like it. I think for beach detecting its perfect...but yea definitely not waterproof. I got one of those cases from russia off ebay for mine and it works pretty well.

Yes, this is a plus, did use here in Georgia just playing around a old school and seemed to work great,,,,I think didn't someone mention somewhere that you may actually get
better quality sound from these......might have been dreaming on this one.....but Thanks for info!!! "Sound" advice....:laughing7:

Last edited:

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wasn't aware of these! Thanks for the tip!

I also got a touch pad protector with sun visor from ebay and its awesome. I think both of those are worth to protect the wireless unit and screen. $30 or whatever to protect that screen is totally worth it.

OP
OP
RVRoamer73

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say,,,,,you gotta pay to play......amazon and ebay 'likes' us....

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always use it when dry land hunting. The way I hunt beaches it gets in the way.

strick

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still undecided. I disliked the way the original headphones were designed to individually move and slip all over my head. Bought the yellow waterproof ones and lost audio definition. Tried the wm10 with iphone buds and loved the simplicity but lost dynamic range and I think there may be added delay. Headphones at a hot beach are just too heavy-duty for me. Tried the iphone buds in a 1/4" converter to the headphone adapter and may like this best - so what might be needed for me is a waterproof adapter plug thingy - one for 1/4" and another for earbuds. I dont go underwater or intentionally put the detector head underwater unless washing it with the hose. Just don't want to corrode the audio jack connector pins. In fact it took me awhile to read that the adapter from minelab has a cap to protect it if you want to just use the internal speaker or wm10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread