ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I did it. I decided to buy my own SCUBA air compressor. I will have it next week. The dive shop in my home town closed last fall and even though they sold the air compressor to the marina in this city, it hasn't been up and running. So I have been driving about 50 miles to get my 15 tanks filled each week. The problem with that is the shop I go to doesn't open till 12 and closes at 6:30. Right in the middle of my day.

I have found over 4 grand in gold in the last 3 months so I decided to spend 4500.00 on my own compressor. It is used but has been rebuilt. Now I can leave most my tanks on my porch full of air and have only 6 in my truck at one time to use. I can also fill them whenever I want and not have to take them to anyone.

All paid for. Will have it installed and take a picture of the critter. I will be able to leave the tanks in the truck and fill them also. A big bonus. It will take a lot of weight out of my truck also!

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your new setup! I really envy your circumstance and training. Here's to $4,000 + More in Gold! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I like your slide-out in the truck bed, also. I looked at one once, but it had too much wasted space either end of the wheel wells. But for equipment, it's sweet!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I like your slide-out in the truck bed, also. I looked at one once, but it had too much wasted space either end of the wheel wells. But for equipment, it's sweet!

My truck doesn't have wheel wells in the bed. I know what you mean though. I think Chevy covered the space with their plastic liner in the Avalanche which makes it wasted. The back sides of the wells have exterior compartments that open from the top. Since I am single and disabled and I use the truck for pulling my boat and diving, it was the best thing I could have ever bought for it.

I could never have put all my gear in it and crawled in and out of the back to get it. That would never happen.

Last edited:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing beats success !!!!!! Man, 4k in 3 mos. NICE !!

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
cool man, congrats, Im sure you know those things can blow up like bombs when your filling them, be careful!!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
cool man, congrats, Im sure you know those things can blow up like bombs when your filling them, be careful!!

Yes I know. I used to have a small gas powered Poseidon air compressor. I still got my tanks hydro'ed every 5 years as mandated by DOT. Fill them slow and keep them cool is the key to a great fill and a safe fill.

Thanks. Safety with tanks has always been important with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread