cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I just heard that court decision too. On to the Supreme Court hopefully.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
This is just wrong!!

...All of these problems, because of folks who don't care about anything but themselves, so they undercut riverbanks and trespass, etc. Therefore, EVERYONE gets punished!!

(REMAINDER OF POST DELETED - THIS REALLY SUCKS!!)

....Don't let them win! Keep up the fight and don't let the $%&&^'s win!!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't agree, it is tree huggers and the like that got this banned, the same people that got hunting mountain lions, bears and the like stopped. I own a dredge and was told by an activist that I was destroying the gravel bars that salmon spawn in, when in reality I was creating more loose gravel where it had become compacted over the years. It is the same group that petitioned Shwarzenegger to put John Muir on the state quarter instead of a prospector. Jmho.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't agree, it is tree huggers and the like that got this banned, the same people that got hunting mountain lions, bears and the like stopped.
You're absolutely right. ...Now explain how it all started in the first place? People doing things they shouldn't that brought attention from others - whether eco-nuts or the gov...doesn't matter. But then the eco-nuts were able to dig in and use the actions of the "some" to go after "everyone". I wasn't saying who or how it started. Without evidence, that would be purely up to debate.

But answer this question - if there had not been anyone undercutting banks or not caring at all about turbidity, then there probably never would have been the mess there is now. Unfortunately, there are few enough miners that the eco-nuts are able to continue with the harassments and bans.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
....Sorry, got rudely awakened this morning by neighbor's cows in the yard! My mind still isn't awake yet.

If there hadn't ever been anyone in the past that was over-zealous about getting gold, then the eco-nuts would never have had anything worth pursuing dredgers with. "Most" dredgers, I would assume, work within the rules. But just like with MDing, there are some that still make things difficult for the rest.

...Geez - I really need to go back to bed! :tongue3:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Sorry, got rudely awakened this morning by neighbor's cows in the yard! My mind still isn't awake yet.

If there hadn't ever been anyone in the past that was over-zealous about getting gold, then the eco-nuts would never have had anything worth pursuing dredgers with. "Most" dredgers, I would assume, work within the rules. But just like with MDing, there are some that still make things difficult for the rest.

...Geez - I really need to go back to bed! :tongue3:
If you want to go back to the gold rush days, then yes, there were procedures done that effected the environment negatively. The modern day dredger does more good than harm. Just removing the mercury in the rivers alone is reason enough to allow it.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on electing officials that instated these judges. I guess I'm supposed to shed a single tear for California now?:dontknow:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to go back to the gold rush days, then yes, there were procedures done that effected the environment negatively. The modern day dredger does more good than harm. Just removing the mercury in the rivers alone is reason enough to allow it.
Thanks C - that's the point I was trying to make. Had gone back to bed while trying to watch the last 1/2 of The Terminal (...and with a T-storm passing through!) and was thinking just this, about the hydraulic mining. These long-past horrid deeds are what gives the eco-nuts "just enough" to take into modern court and have modern lawyers twist things around to the point where nothing at all makes any sense anymore. ...So, the Cali-judges uphold the ban. ...Better safe than sorry, right? :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread