Same beach different results

Bender

Jun 11, 2016
Northwestern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been hitting the same beach over the last weak...the first day was after a day of high winds and I found nothing but pre 1930 coins (my little town started in 1897)...then I went out after a torrential rain and found nothing but 1970's and above...the next time out a decent wind and found 40', 50's and 60's-I detected relatively the same lines all times.

My question is where would the older coins go the other days...would the be deeper? Further out in the water? Or higher up on the beach but deeper?...I'm just trying to figure out a pattern...if there is one???????

Upvote 0

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rain probably washed sand from the upper beach down to the lower beach. So you were getting more recent coins on top of the older stuff. Also, rain will calm otherwise choppy water... so if it rained all day, it could drop sand on the beach rather than erode it from the beach.

When the wind picked up the tide and waves removed that new sand, and you were back down to the old stuff again.

You need to log the wind speed and direction on those days where you found old coins!

OP
OP
B

Bender

Jun 11, 2016
Northwestern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured that I shoulda been doing that from the start...."dear diary..."..lol, I will definitely start ...it seems on each day that's different I find similar dated coins (no tide though...just on a lake).

Thanks for the reply flgliderpilot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread