3rd bash

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi guys went out for a couple of hours last night and tried a different beach. It was a lot cleaner and was only getting a signal every 15 feet or so, still only finding rusty nails but it's a much better quality rust than we found on the other beach lol.

Upvote 0

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys should I grab an minelab metal detector Excalibur ll and If I do will I be able to completely eliminate these rusty nails and only signal coins and rings etc, thanks Paul.
You'll eliminate a good 95% of the iron. Sometimes, you figure it's going to be iron, but, it just sounds a bit too good to ignore!

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
Thanks guys I had another 2 hours on the beach tonight, got a few small coins and a few rusty nails. I think you could be right about this beach that maybe there is not much to find on it, still thinking about the Excal, one used on e/bay finishes Saturday, the owner says it's 5 years old and in very good condition.

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
How long does the average Excal last guys, would you buy a used one that's 5 years old or is that a bad idea.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be very cautious of buying one off eBay. Look at all the "nooks and crannys" to help determine how hard a life the excal (and any machine) has had. I look at the amount of wear/ cracks between coil ears and on the coil bottom
Also look at the condition of the knobs (stock is good) aftermarkets can actually cause damage to the control pots if previous owner cranked down on one.

Look very closely at the sheathing on the coil and headphone cable.

I bought my last Excal off EBay and it has performed flawlessly. I could just look at the photos and tell his description of "low hours" seemed accurate.

OP
OP
P

paul11

Jul 4, 2016
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 11
Primary Interest:
I was outbid, maybe for the best so now I will have to get a new one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions