The Detectorists

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished seasons 1 and 2 again for the second time. Showed it to friends of mine, who also loved it. Mackenzie is a great director/writer. I really enjoy this show, even if I didn’t like metal detecting. It’s great to see how a talented person can create such awesome things like this.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just finished seasons 1 and 2 again for the second time. Showed it to friends of mine, who also loved it. Mackenzie is a great director/writer. I really enjoy this show, even if I didn’t like metal detecting. It’s great to see how a talented person can create such awesome things like this.

Also, Mr. Crook is a great actor as well. I watched the entire first season before I learned that he wrote AND directed this series. I was astounded. I have watched all episodes many times and, it still stands up as a great show. It is character driven and, he has made some great characters. I mean, just look at Russel. Who could make up someone like that? Terry is also a great example, hell, they all are. I hope the series just goes on and on no matter what Mr. Crook says at this point.

Bill

Mac1970

Nov 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whistle that was found(in the show) is actually one of Crook's own MD finds. He also has a piece that is being investigated by the British museum at the moment. I hope this series isn't the end.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackenzie is a great director/writer...........It’s great to see how a talented person can create such awesome things like this.

You can tell he has been to quite a few metal detecting club meetings. I wonder if he snuck in my old club?

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The whistle that was found(in the show) is actually one of Crook's own MD finds. He also has a piece that is being investigated by the British museum at the moment. I hope this series isn't the end.

I think it will be . They will find their hoard of treasure in that outline of a boat we saw way back .
And they will all live happily ever after .

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But what will Terry, Lance and Russell do after that then? That can not be the end. I posted a link to where they were considering a movie about these folks...I hope that comes to pass.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it will be . They will find their hoard of treasure in that outline of a boat we saw way back .
And they will all live happily ever after .

will? if you have been in a movie with kiera knightly ( not to mention her dressing room) your life is already pretty good

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason:

It is and it plays well. Thanks. Seems like I have to follow many different people over there as no one person uploads all new episodes so, I thank you for this link Sir. I made up a playlist of every episode starting with S1 episode 1. Of course, if any get deleted I will be missing some but, for now, I have all of them.

Thanks,

Bill

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry is by the far the best character. I can’t even look at him without wanting to laugh because of how serious he always is. My brother and I now always say “Well alright Sheila” to each other. No one gets it but we always crack up.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry is by the far the best character. I can’t even look at him without wanting to laugh because of how serious he always is. My brother and I now always say “Well alright Sheila” to each other. No one gets it but we always crack up.

For me, it is hard to pick a best character as they all are done so well and each of them have their great moments...even Varde, when she actually spoke at the meeting...once...and Terry told her to let others get a word in edgewise, ha ha. I don't think she had spoken before, or since, ha ha.

Bill

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, it is hard to pick a best character as they all are done so well and each of them have their great moments...even Varde, when she actually spoke at the meeting...once...and Terry told her to let others get a word in edgewise, ha ha. I don't think she had spoken before, or since, ha ha.

Bill

So true! It really is a great show. Mackenzie did an amazing job on it. the show deserves even more than it already gets.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Season 3 episode 4 is very funny. I won't give anything away but I was laughing out loud and have already watched it twice.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread