It's not your Beach lady

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was more then 20 yards away from you...And you cannot wave your arm around you and declare this area to be yours on a public beach....And then getting pissed and detecting 3 feet behind me while I was digging a target in the dark was not a good idea....

Maybe you should go find a private beach if you want it to be yours?

Sorry I was rude to you but grown men don't like to be told what to do...in case you did not know that....

The guy you saw me talking to I had met for the first time last night. We had a good conversation and I may have met a new friend..I did not say jack to him when he cut in front of me last night and found a beautiful sterling ring with a large pink stone and diamonds...just congratulated him.

Can you please keep your head down and just dig next time...I was having a good time till you opened your mouth and started squawking.

strick

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fight_right.gif
fight_onground.gif
fight.gif
billy_bully_ready_for_a_fight_sm_clr.gif

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a jerk that every time I knelt down to dig - in the old days before long handles
he would come right in front of my coil and hit around me - he kept doing this and when I asked if he had a problem
he said it was not my beach - he could go where he wants - after over a half hour of this - what I did
was turned my volume off and went right on top of him - yes I gave up my detecting time for awhile
but drove him frigging nuts - and kept smiling as I followed him for awhile and smiled and said "youre right...its not my beach" and just swung
haphazardly --f
he finally left and then I went back to hunting - later I met a couple of locals that knew the guy and said he was an a-hole - didn't bury his holes
and if he saw you in a target rich area would go right in front of you constantly

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a jerk that every time I knelt down to dig - in the old days before long handles
he would come right in front of my coil and hit around me - he kept doing this and when I asked if he had a problem
he said it was not my beach - he could go where he wants - after over a half hour of this - what I did
was turned my volume off and went right on top of him - yes I gave up my detecting time for awhile
but drove him frigging nuts - and kept smiling as I followed him for awhile and smiled and said "youre right...its not my beach" and just swung
haphazardly --f
he finally left and then I went back to hunting - later I met a couple of locals that knew the guy and said he was an a-hole - didn't bury his holes
and if he saw you in a target rich area would go right in front of you constantly
Whoopsie!!!! Wow man, sorry I stepped on your coil! Hope nothing broke! :laughing7: Might want to stay back a little my friend, I'm real unsteady walking on sand. :laughing7::tongue3::laughing7: The story for the cops? Yeah, I stumbled on his coil, thought he was trying to hit me, ducked & fell on it. Life's too short! Play with his head HAVE FUN WITH IT! Got a pocketful of unrecognizable zincs?:laughing7: Plunk em around where you're searching! See there is a use for that jar of rotten zinks you can't seem to throw out!:icon_thumleft:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came close to stomping on his lower rod - he was right in front of me - when I was digging in wet sand - this was at a NH bch that went out like 100 yrds at low and was miles long - no shortage of area to hit - he might have bumped my coil while I was digging - he was that close - when I recovered target - and got up to bury hole - he would go like 10 yrds away or stay in my line and quickly go like 10 yrds up from me - so I would have to move to one side or turn around and head in other direction - but if I got into another area with good targets - my gf would say - "here he comes"
and he would race around in front of me again - I thought of taking pic of the guy and telling him I was going to post it all over on forums but then thought that might be uncool
my solution worked with the following on top of him where he could not hunt due to closeness of my machine to him and he actually giving up

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could've found some kids throwing a football around and offered them $20 to throw close to him and let one of them step on his machine or plow him over by mistake
but I would have wanted that on video :tongue3:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I came close to stomping on his lower rod - he was right in front of me - when I was digging in wet sand - this was at a NH bch that went out like 100 yrds at low and was miles long - no shortage of area to hit - he might have bumped my coil while I was digging - he was that close - when I recovered target - and got up to bury hole - he would go like 10 yrds away or stay in my line and quickly go like 10 yrds up from me - so I would have to move to one side or turn around and head in other direction - but if I got into another area with good targets - my gf would say - "here he comes"
and he would race around in front of me again - I thought of taking pic of the guy and telling him I was going to post it all over on forums but then thought that might be uncool
my solution worked with the following on top of him where he could not hunt due to closeness of my machine to him and he actually giving up

I doubt I would have had your patience in that particular situation. :thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is amazing to me how many old men become 25-year-old MMA fighters on the internet. To the OP, try laughing out loud next time a woman / man / teenager upsets you on the beach, then walking the other way. :skullflag:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
For the record, very few such situations require fighting. A simple exchange of a few specifically chosen words normally does the trick. Otherwise, knowing the law is a big help. And let's not forget the power of a photo or, better yet, a video - THEN start informing about how the law (or rules) works. But still, I really, REALLY like Casper's thought - to plaster his/her face all over the internet treasure hunting websites, with a nice little caption beneath.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
A Go Pro would probably keep A-holes in check a bit, but there is no dissuading some people.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was more then 20 yards away from you...And you cannot wave your arm around you and declare this area to be yours on a public beach....And then getting pissed and detecting 3 feet behind me while I was digging a target in the dark was not a good idea....

Maybe you should go find a private beach if you want it to be yours?

Sorry I was rude to you but grown men don't like to be told what to do...in case you did not know that....

The guy you saw me talking to I had met for the first time last night. We had a good conversation and I may have met a new friend..I did not say jack to him when he cut in front of me last night and found a beautiful sterling ring with a large pink stone and diamonds...just congratulated him.

Can you please keep your head down and just dig next time...I was having a good time till you opened your mouth and started squawking.

strick

This happens around here at times as well! It's a PUBLIC BEACH for God's sake!

Where abouts in NorCal are you?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a few "sand barons" around here too, that think they own everything in sight. Naturally, we should all use a little courtesy and give others some space and not jump right in front of someone, but, except for areas off limits by law, all our beaches are public up to the mean high tide line. I do like Casper does, follow close enough to them to drive their machine crazy and they'll get tired of it and move away. Multifreq Minelabs are good at doing that! :laughing7:

OP
OP
strick

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM sent to both Seabee and Darth. I've only been detecting about 2.5 years now. This is the first unpleasant experience I've had with another detectorist and it upset me. I've covered a lot of ground in the past two and a half years...gold fields, relic, park and beach type settings I've met some really nice people and made some good friends. In this particular instance it was dark and I had seen the person working an area I had previoulsy been though. She was working up and down the beach heading south. I wanted to go back around her and detect and detect up and down the beach heading north. I was walking kinda fast to get around her and parallel to the beach up hill from her and got a signal. When I stopped to dig it thats when she started in on me and she did not waste any time.

It's unfortunate because this type of behavior can bring out the worst in people (like me). By nature I am not normally confrontational...nor am I usually rude. However I do have a very short fuse and don't like being messed with if I've done nothing wrong. I'm over it now so lets bury this thred. Thanks for the replies and advice fellas.

strick

Last edited:

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad some people spoil other people's detecting time and space. Last time I went detecting, I met a nice guy doing the same thing and he worked the dry beach and I worked the water.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
th (30).jpeg Hey, There is only room for one of us on this beach Blondie "

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had these experiences.

I think its the "back the f--- off" eye I give em BEFORE they even get close.

Works wonders. :P

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rude,Rude,RUDE! People can be so selfish. If you really want to get there goat...just fake a big belly laugh in their face...then turn and walk away. Rude people cant stand that and they always want to know whats so dam funny!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Pepper Spray.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread