What about The Rhode Island area???

S

strud

How do U like that PI. I always wanted one for the beach but they pick up everything.Sometimes my? Quantum XT drives me CRAZY!!!!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tips!?

Yeah, get out and hunt and let us know how you do with that PI on land! We all want to see your finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Free. If you drop a coin in RI, it rolls and stops in Mass or Conn, lol! Seriously though, RI is a VERY old state. I'm from Warwick, and I have been reading up on local history while we have been covered in snow. Turns out Warwick was founded in 1642, and the original settlements were in Connimincut Villiage, which is literally 2 miles from my house. I have managed to ID a few promising places that were populated way back then but are just open land now, hope I'll have some good, OLD finds to post this summer. As for beach hunting, I haven't done much yet, but I would try areas in and around Warwick for old stuff, such as Oakland Beach, Conimicut Point, or Gaspee Point, where the colonists boarded and burned the British tax frigate HMS Gaspee. We aslo have many, many great swimming beaches in the southern and eastern parts of the state, such as Narragansett, Westerly and Newport. Come check em out, I'd love to see some other RIers posting cool finds! If you want more tips, don't hesitate to ask!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread