CTX 3030 Underwater Headphones

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Grey Ghost because they go underwater.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
GGA's. Great sound, comfortable and they have a volume control knob.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey Ghost's because they are proven Quality.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine because they are a great headphone and more volume and clarity, HR headphones.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Frog. IF you do a LOT of diving, right now id only recommend the ML..... UNLESS you do some additional sealing on the GG. Not because they are great...... but they do survive. The GGA..... those knobs WILL freeze up if you dont play with them ESPECIALLY if they get wet. The GG have improved 1000 percent over the first version. If you are strickly wading and want a pair that pretty water resistant...... GGA, harolds, or make your own peltors (ole beach nut has a Utube video).

Dew

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grey Ghost Amphibians are waterproof to 30 foot, CTX is only water proof to 10 foot..... If someone sends in a CTX 3030 to repair center that has after market non Minelab o-rings, or has signs of being opened or modded it voids the warranty.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know about modded hp but as far as the two hp sold at this time, they both lack in sound quality when not used for its intended purpose. They are waterproof and so by design they will not sound as good as regular hp's nor block out ambient noise in the surf. When used underwater they are great. I would say a good 75% of "water" hunters never even go in the water. If the majority of hunting will be on the wet sand, just pickup your favorite hp currently in use and combine them with the wm10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread