Daytona Beach - Tell me about it.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived in Naples but that was 15 years ago. Things changed in my life from then and I'm sure Daytona's too.

Tell me the good and the bad about Daytona today. Can a local paint me a picture? Can PM me if you wish.

Last minute (in my book) change of plans and I'm considering family friendly options w/detecting opportunities near a beach.

Thanks for any information.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the good things today about Daytona Beach? It's not in Iowa! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Do the homeless still squat the beaches all night?

Have they cleaned it up around the strip?

Daytona has always been a tourist town without tourist protections... just wondering has anything changed from the Boots on the ground in Daytona.

I'll be standing my ground, but I'd rather not have to. :thumbsup:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will tell you that there is a WHOLE lot of sand on the beaches in lots of places. I have been fighting
the sand just south of Daytona. Hopefully Daytona isn't as sanded, but the water has cooled and the
deposits are down. Good Luck and have a good time !! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I worked Daytona beach 2 yrs ago and it is a wide beach with many, many metal detectorists. However, I only saw one in the water, making me wish I had brought my wet suit along. As always, had a great time detecting the beach and found one small silver ring and change. Cars are allowed on the beach and hunting along the parked cars, or where they usually park, may be productive but with lots of trash. Suggest working low tide, if your machine can handle wet sand.

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until we get a good winter storm, I suspect you will be disappointed. I've been in the water at low tide recently on numerous occasions without even any null tones for trash. Haven't seen any deep cuts on the beach in a couple of years. Perfect conditions for the Canadians who play that game where they roll those small bowling balls. :laughing7:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked to two guys yesterday and one of them had got a really nice gold band just a little bit South Daytona. So the moral of the story is, you just never know. 👍

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found brass knuckles a few weeks back. Be careful, its sign of freaks on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread