The Biggest Secret In Metal Detecting

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Somebody tell us the "secret!" :hello:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stewardship-as-a-way-of-life-Ee5Dmp-clipart.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the magician. Not the wand

It's both. You at least need a machine designed for the type of hunting you do. I doubt I would have much luck finding gold in the wet salt water sand or water with an Ace 150. Possible? Sure....but not likely. There again, a newbie not knowing his high end machine would probably have a hard time too, but, would probably do better than me and my Ace if his machine was made for salt water and he was using a standard program. Also, if your goal is gold, why are you digging silver signals? You'll find more gold if you concentrate on those targets and ignore the rest. Personally, I like finding silver and other oddball items, so, I pretty much dig all non-ferrous targets at the beach. I still get my share of the gold.:occasion14:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
The biggest secret is, there isnt ANY secret. It's hard work, research, failure, timing, location, location, location, and more hard work. I can't stand the people that go into this hobby, as a get rich quick scheme it cheapens the hobby and makes all of us look bad. I saw an "idiot" who bought two of the best machines out there, and didn't know how to use either. If they are starting off, they should get a nice simple machine like an Ace 250. Let them see how "easy" it is when you spend 5 hours in a park and pull nothing but junk because they were too lazy to do the research.---NOT KNOWINGLY DIRECTED AT ANYONE HERE

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's "the" secret. @$%$ (*&^% %$)(!@$# ?>"&@. Can't read it? Send $19.99 to:

Terry's Free All Natural Advice
PO BOX Location is Everything
Answer is Obvious, NY 10603

Attachments

• TerrysAdvice.jpg
    TerrysAdvice.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 134

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
b3y0nd3r. Lets not forget to add a little LUCK! (I didn't watch the vid so if luck was mentioned in it, my bad)

HH ALL

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the 'biggest' secret is to just HUNT. Get off the damn computer (unless you're researching a hunt) and swing that thang. I don't care if its hunted out and never had anything anyway- practicing WILL make you better. Even doing it wrong, eventually you'll learn from your mistakes.
Or you'll die first, in which case you cant tell me that I was wrong.

Last edited:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww!!!!!.. Now you did it . The secret is now revealed.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point to the video was simply this, you can't find gold with the CTX, Excal, CZ, Dual-field, Atx, etc., etc., etc.,...if:

....there's no gold there to be found.
....you can't reach/access the gold that is there.
....you don't put in the time.
....you fail to learn to use the machine you do have.
...etc., etc., etc.

Take the guy who understands all of the above and he will find gold with any of the machines mentioned, and more. So consistent success over the years isn't about the machine, it's about when, where, and how those various machines are put into use.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The point to the video was simply this, you can't find gold with the CTX, Excal, CZ, Dual-field, Atx, etc., etc., etc.,...if:

...etc., etc., etc.

Take the guy who understands all of the above and he will find gold with any of the machines mentioned, and more. So consistent success over the years isn't about the machine, it's about when, where, and how those various machines are put into use.

Can't argue with that! :icon_thumleft:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

...etc., etc., etc.

And you got us talking and thinking about it too.......:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the early 90's I had a CZ-21 and I was traveling up into Michigan a lot water/beach hunting and compared to today's competitive standards I was killing the gold and old coins. "I really felt like I knew my stuff." :laughing7:

My sister lived in New Smyrna Beach so I started flying/driving down there to beach hunt on those "gold heavens" but after three trips I was growing pretty frustrated. Prior to my forth trip down there I met a guy online who was always posting gold and we arranged for a hunt once I was down there. That morning he picked me up and he "took me to a freshwater lake" to hunt. When I asked him why we didn't go to the ocean beach he simply said, "You wouldn't catch me dead over there right now, way too much sand on the beaches." That's when I realized that I didn't know squat about ocean beach hunting. :laughing7:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does seem to be a constant learning process for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread