Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Background: Been hunting "Paradox" beach for more than 80 hrs over the past yr. I call it paradox beach because all I find are coins, lots of coins, and well weathered ones at that. But no good jewelry. I have found prob 500+ coins there but no gold, not even silver. Based on past statistics, I should have found 1-2 gold bands and 2-3 silver rings.
Today: As I approached the beach people recognized me and were telling me about the pair of women, one detected and one recovered, who found the largest diamond ring you have even seen! "Must have been worth north of $3,000", one employee told me. Another said that it "...blinded her and didn't have any tarnish on it al all."
I was stunned. That was my ring, I thought. I put in the time and sweat and just knew the BIG ONE was there, somewhere. They got it! I know they must have been Newbies (nothing wrong with that) because they were showing the ring to everybody. One was wearing it home.
Well, at least I got a consolation prize - a small sterling Dolphin ring, marked 925 and "ASO" by my best angle and guess. The ring has beautiful patina and is granular, suggesting that it was in the water for some time. Hey, at least my jinx was lifted. Now, I'm looking for her twin sister; the bigger one. I know you're out there, somewhere.

20170210_155335.jpg

Upvote 0

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, it sounds to me like the Treasure Box at Paradox Beach is just now opening up and you know that beach better than anyone.
Good Hunting!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
... :award_star_bronze_1:award_star_bronze_2:silvermedalred: :notworthy:

I probably would have cried like my second ex-wife's new husband! You're a much more balanced person than I am. :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe there's a reason they call it "Paradox" Beach. :laughing7:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rings are for women and Gold and Silver for men....Your Gold awaits my good man!!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. Even with all our experience and top of the line equipment, you just can't beat blind F'ing luck! :BangHead:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they are just yanking your chain,to see your reaction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread