TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've seen a bunch of guys detecting with the Arch method at my local beach. I figure most are newby's. If they are detecting an area I'm interested in, I generally don't say anything because I know they're leaving it all for me. If I see the same person a few times, I usually stop and talk to them and give them a little education.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the arch method deployed before. For those that do this I hope they learn something...or then again maybe not.
In all seriousness nice video.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumright:Good basic How2. Only thing I could add is that rotation of the hips can help in keeping the coil on track too. Or it may just be me and an old shoulder injury that necessitates this for me.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never have that prob - but seen a lot of guys doin it with Excals

wygold

May 21, 2016
Chula Vista, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Dual Pack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very informative video. I have arch'd my coil in the past and when that happens I'll stop and go over the area again just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Also I end up switching arms because it gets to the point that my arms hurt. I'm still learning and I think that it will take tons of practice.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very informative video. I have arch'd my coil in the past and when that happens I'll stop and go over the area again just to make sure I'm not missing anything. Also I end up switching arms because it gets to the point that my arms hurt. I'm still learning and I think that it will take tons of practice.

Yes, it takes practice. But this can also help:

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bigscoop / Man Alone -

I wanted to just take a moment and thank you for this video. As a newbie, I'm still learning all the different nuances to MD'ing, and while I was doing a decent job of preventing the pendulum, I started doing it the way you described, and it was so easy!

One of the things I found missing from all the youtube videos out there about MD'ing was about the swing. Am I going too fast? To slow? Too high? Too low? Etc., etc., etc. Thanks for taking the time to do these videos!

Kirk

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop / Man Alone -

I wanted to just take a moment and thank you for this video. As a newbie, I'm still learning all the different nuances to MD'ing, and while I was doing a decent job of preventing the pendulum, I started doing it the way you described, and it was so easy!

One of the things I found missing from all the youtube videos out there about MD'ing was about the swing. Am I going too fast? To slow? Too high? Too low? Etc., etc., etc. Thanks for taking the time to do these videos!

Kirk

No problem, glad the video helped. Will be doing more metal detecting videos this year, for sure. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions