depwraith

Jan 10, 2017
Pinellas Park, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and a
Detector Pro Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3rd beach trip with the CTX; still no silver or gold. Haven't been in water so hoping my luck gets better when I do. 20170227_195833.jpg

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill bet you will do much better in the water just look at the posts in beach hunting . Hope to see some great finds from you Patience and persistence Thanks for the post!!!!!!!!!!

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The water is where it's at. Have patience. If you put that machine over gold, it will be in your pocket shortly after.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Let reality set-in regarding the CTX3030 - You have to put in the time to find gold [PERIOD], no matter the detector you use. You still have to put it over a piece of gold and that gold can't be too deep. For a fair estimate, plan on finding about 300 - 400 coins before a piece of gold on Florida beaches/surf. And, it might take a lot longer depending on where you're hunting. I have met many beach hunters who have never found gold! By your last few postings of finds (coins), don't be surprised to take 15-20 outings to find a gold piece. BTW, silver is easier to find and I find about 1 silver piece, typically a ring or earring, per 100 coins. As for the water, again it depends on when you hunt. All water hunting is not the same and timing (re tides, energy, wave action and wind) play key roles. This is where experience and knowledge come to play. My advice - HAVE FUN DETECTING AND THE GOLD WILL COME, EVENTUALLY.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hook up with someone who has detected your beaches. They might be a little bit of wisdom and willing to share. Or they might just dislike the competition. I find it enjoyable to detect with a partner on the beaches. Sometimes I find the treasure, sometimes they do. But as a amateaur beach detectorist, having someone who has had years of experience on the beach is helpful in tuning me into the tides, the cuts, and where to look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread