What Can We Learn From The Targets We Recover On The Beach? (video)

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good info! Thanks!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it beeps, dig it.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree sandman....... thats why an Xcal is a good choice. Simple no brainer hunting. It hates iron..... so you just need to learn a shallow bottle cap..... everything else, you best check. Why..... i dug a nice 18 gram 14K cross and chain the other day i would have swore was crab piece.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree sandman....... thats why an Xcal is a good choice. Simple no brainer hunting. It hates iron..... so you just need to learn a shallow bottle cap..... everything else, you best check. Why..... i dug a nice 18 gram 14K cross and chain the other day i would have swore was crab piece.

I've dug a lot of good targets that sounded like flat pieces of junk in those headphones. :laughing7: I'm constantly amazed at the number of hunters I see/watch who rely on those digital readouts only to dig the target regardless. The broad and overlapping range of gold pretty much demands that those readouts be treated with a grain of salt, nice to look at but certainly nothing foolproof. :icon_thumleft:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the beer bottle caps don't null out. I was in ankle deep water thinking I found another one and when I scooped it it turned out to be a 10k wedding band. Best scoop everything at the swimming beaches here anyways. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread