Excal users is this right?

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all my wife got me an Excal for my Bday and while conducting an inventory I found it came with 4 different chargers. Is this right? Seems kind of weird.

e13b9cb8dfe7a08c6e4df470b4332474.jpg

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the different charges are for different Countrys

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I figured, just thought it was weird that it came supplied with all of them.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe the rest of the Bday gift is a world wide trip...If so, don't forget the Excalibur and its chargers.
May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop, then on your wife's finger!

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the rest of the Bday gift is a world wide trip...If so, don't forget the Excalibur and its chargers.
May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop, then on your wife's finger!

I wish! Thank you WaterWalker :)

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool that it came with all those chargers! When I got one of mine, It only came with a 220 charger for overseas! I had to wait for them to send me the proper 110 US version before I could charge the battery. Only had the alkaline one to use in the mean time.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard the alkaline battery pack was just water resistant is that true?

On a side note I finally got off my tush and put it together. I think I need to work on the coil wrap a little better. I was trying to figure the best way to wrap it so I could take advantage of this 3 piece travel shaft.

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

On a side note I finally got off my tush and put it together. I think I need to work on the coil wrap a little better. I was trying to figure the best way to wrap it so I could take advantage of this 3 piece travel shaft.

View attachment 1427192

View attachment 1427193

Looks good! I have the same setup. Best of luck out there!

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rusty. I just ordered a Sunspot. Looking forward to the weekend.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck out there jadocs! You will love the way the Excal's coil floats over the sand with that shaft.
Have fun and show us what you find.

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing that such a high tech machine doesn't have a charger that covers all electrical inputs with just a plug in adaptor. I fried my first battery pack thinking I could just use a wall adaptor for my 110v charger when I was overseas. Why all of my other electronic chargers can be used on 110v or 220v and Minelab's can't is a mystery.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My understanding is that the alkaline pod can be dunked, but, it isn't rated for diving. The reason why is what I'd like to know. It has the same design as the rechargeable and appears the same. I can only conclude that the plastic is different and can't stand the pressure for some reason. Why not just make all the pods the same and only have to stock just the one type? There can't be that much difference in the cost of the plastic. Has anyone tried to dive with the alkaline pod? If so, how deep did you go? At what depth did it fail?

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree cuda. Don't know why they are different.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread