Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With any detector the old saying you dont know what you missed if you missed it. Some people pick up a lot of recent drops....... that dont take a lot of skill just a machine that beeps. Miss and inch miss a mile also applies..... thats a lot of beach and some want to cover it FAST. The skill comes why you KNOW you are in areas heavily hunted with a wide verity of machines, but still getting deep buried targets they just didnt know were targets worth checking..... or get those beeps off iron you check. AM with the ability to check a target gives you a lot of GAME out there. Most of the time AM hunting has a much faster recovery, depth, and you tend to pick up on targets.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are beaches up here aren't big like down in fla. - story about club hunt - maybe 100 yrds long - 15 yrds from shore til it gets deep deep at low tide
other beaches like 50 yrds wide and 20 yrds from shore - 5 ft deep at low - up here in New England - not many huge beaches - if you are bored
go to google earth and start at NY - CT. border and follow the coast line across to the Cape - longest beach is National seashore on Cape and its illegal to hit there
a big bch for us is around 100 yrds - got a few that may be 200 yrds but many get deep quick
ive hunted many spots in Fla. where ive detected a mile plus to the north and a mile to the south in a day and the next day moved to another and did the same
no bchs up here like that

With any detector the old saying you dont know what you missed if you missed it. Some people pick up a lot of recent drops....... that dont take a lot of skill just a machine that beeps. Miss and inch miss a mile also applies..... thats a lot of beach and some want to cover it FAST. The skill comes why you KNOW you are in areas heavily hunted with a wide verity of machines, but still getting deep buried targets they just didnt know were targets worth checking..... or get those beeps off iron you check. AM with the ability to check a target gives you a lot of GAME out there. Most of the time AM hunting has a much faster recovery, depth, and you tend to pick up on targets.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely incredible, as usual. Great job... When is your book coming out for water nubs like me?

Ive thought of writing a book many times - thing is I could give a fair amount of tips on where to go and some secrets
but for the most part my knowledge would only really help if you use what I use and hunt like I do and in areas that I do
good example - I can hunt up here in all metal and be successful - I usually get more good than bad - but same type of hunting
would not be recommended for like Fla. waters unless you don't mind finding 2-3 times the amount of bad than good
Fla. sands and salt are so powdery that it cakes on most junk items - our sand and salt is more course and dissolves iron
and aluminum even - over time.
its like guys with Excals that write books from down south - most are a good read - but 90% of their content
is absolutely useless for me - they are using a machine nothing like mine - they are hunting beaches not much like mine
my book would probably be the same for them - would flood with good pics of finds which might inspire many
to get out there but only a small percentage would get much more I feel
have you read any of my articles ??
will PM you a link if you have not

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper... I notice that you have added an 8X to your collection...
Hows that working for you ?

And which did you grab up those rings with ? 21 ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked that up yrs ago - back when I used to use My PI Pro
I was pulling stuff up extremely deep with it and thought the JW FISHER would go even deeper
its made for mostly ship wreck hunters - you can get cannon balls many feet down not to mention cannons
it is not a beach hunting machine - I tried it once for a day - way too sensitive
they are used to mostly I'd say to uncover or discover a wreck - then they switch to more conventional machines

Casper... I notice that you have added an 8X to your collection...
Hows that working for you ?

And which did you grab up those rings with ? 21 ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked that up yrs ago - back when I used to use My PI Pro
I was pulling stuff up extremely deep with it and thought the JW FISHER would go even deeper
its made for mostly ship wreck hunters - you can get cannon balls many feet down not to mention cannons
it is not a beach hunting machine - I tried it once for a day - way too sensitive
they are used to mostly I'd say to uncover or discover a wreck - then they switch to more conventional machines

Wellll... agreed... and.... disagreed. :)

here's a "bone" / tip...

Clear an area with your "conventional"... Then RE work same area with pulse 8x.

Let me know your results :)

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LIVE 2 - 2 1/2 HRS FROM MY SPOTS - IF I LIVED REAL CLOSE THAT WOULD BE DO ABLE - I HAVE TO MAKE THE MOST OF THE TIME I HAVE WHEN I GO TO THE BEACH - PLUS MY GF STEPPED ON ITS ROD AND SNAPPED IT - DONT REALLY WANT TO BY A NEW ROD FOR A MACHINE IM NOT GOING TO REALLY USE -
IVE OFFERED IT TO A FEW SHIP WRECK MUSEUMS TO PUT IN A DISPLAY OR WHAT EVER BUT THEY SAY THEY GOT PLENTY OF BROKE DOWN ONES TO USE
MAYBE WHEN I RETIRE - IF I LIVE THAT LONG

Wellll... agreed... and.... disagreed. :)

here's a "bone" / tip...

Clear an area with your "conventional"... Then RE work same area with pulse 8x.

Let me know your results :)

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The J W Fisher 8X has a slow pulse, old school pulse induction. It is fine on cannons, cannon balls, and large iron or other pure metal large objects. Slow pulse is now used on very large coils, since they cannot find small items anyway. A slow pulse will go deep on large objects a little more than a fast pulse PI. A slow pulse will barely find gold jewelry, but a fast pulse PI will find gold jewelry. A good way to see if your detector is set up for gold jewelry is to get a small stainless steel screw like #6 about 3/4" long. Set your machine for the most depth air testing the screw. Like a Whites Lu pro turn the pulse delay to just about nothing or you won't find gold. No delay. I have used a fast pulse PI alongside slow pulse like Auqapulse,Garretts and pulse 8x and I would get hits in the berms of blown holes and I would point it out for them to dig out the cobs , and they would rarely ever be able to find the hit, no noise. So I would dig it up. Same with cracks in the bed rock. I got big hits and could see cobs laying in the tight crack a foot down and they thought I was crazy because they couldn't hear it. Till we pulled out a pile of cobs. Cobs are an alloy of mostly silver and some copper kind of like gold jewelry. If you use a slow pulse PI you will miss gold.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ehhhh heh. :/

mmmm k

Welp... better tweek your SU.... heh

7a478e99ff1433b727ea2f08e836382b.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here... larger... so you can see. :)

7a478e99ff1433b727ea2f08e836382b.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Renown treasure hunters Carl Fismer (r), star of Treasure Divers TV show, and Robert Lewis Knecht with recovered pirate booty and their detector of choice - the Pulse 8X

a65e69dd55db9b9e6b0ce22e91d503a5.jpg

grey95chevyboy

Jan 5, 2016
Stuart
Detector(s) used
Cz-21 cz-3d cz-5 whites classic 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome pictures AARC, love to see these kind of pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread