MX Sport

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOT a saltwater machine. MX Sport is the same machine as the AT Pro. These machines are not good in wet saltwater sand, and suck IN saltwater. :skullflag:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works if you turn it down enough to be stable You lose a whole lot of depth doing that though.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just bite the bullet and get a minelab safari and don't dunk it under water. Or one of the other multi-freq machines out there...do you really want to get that wet? most people don't go farther out than their ankles.

Minas man

Apr 5, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio wireless headphones
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive & Pulse Dive 8 inch
Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP
NEL Hunter & 5 inch fish
Killer B's headphones
Tesoro Vaquero 5x10 DD wide scan Realistic No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't speak to the MX sport but I bought the Gold Bug Pro DP so I could detect the salt beaches and marsh areas and it will ground balance to salt so very happy with its ability to do that. The only problem is the 11 greek coils have been know to leak and mine did so I have another coil for water hunting and some people reseal the coils with epoxy coatings.

Minas man

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Both my Garrett CSI Pro (AT Pro) and Whites MX Sport are working just fine on wet salt water sand and shallow water hunting.Had the MX Sport with the 10'DD coil on a beach yesterday right next to water edge with a sensitivity at 8, 5 if the coil need to be submersed in water.However in order to run with increased sensitivity one have to block a couple of notches in the top end and perhaps sacrifice the detection of some very large silver or other high conductivity items.Incidentally the MX Sport scored a 4.89gram 375 (9k) gold ring with above setting on this beach outing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions