First GOLD!!!

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wasn't feeling it yesterday. Sunday is my only day off, and I was tired. I originally planned on hitting the beach at 4 am to greet the low tide with my Sand Shark (need more time swinging it), but my body has a problem when it comes to waking up at 3 am, so that didn't happen.

All day I was saying i should get out, but there hasn't been any rain, and the parks are not recovering too well from recent plugs, so I'm holding off until we get rain so I don't cause a new ordinance against metal detecting.

So I cleaned my clad, read a book (Pulsepower), and thought about going out. But all in all, I was in the 'I don't feel like doing anything' mode all day.

Around 10 pm, I decided to hit the beach with the Explorer. Tides were wrong, surf was increasing, and it was dark, so I didn't want to hunt the water, just the wet and dry sand. So off I went to a beach I hit regularly with lackluster results at best. Walked the wet, and got some clad, pull tabs, and the usual garbage.

There is a popular resort just to the south about a half mile, so I headed that way. :walk:

Walked the wet, then meandered about at the towel line a bit, and then went over to the lounge chairs. A bit of clad, a bunch of pull tabs and crown caps, and 2 blingy letters (B & R), and then.....

BAM!

A nice shallow and solid Fe 05/Co 05, and I pull out a sweet 14kt Frederick Goldman men's white wedding band! At first, I couldn't tell what it was, as I don't bring my reading glasses, and my arms aren't long enough, but I was eventually able to make out the 14kt, and that there was an engraving inside.

So it's only taken me 3 months, but I got my first GOLD! :headbang:

IMG_6896 (Small).JPG IMG_6893 (Small).JPG IMG_6894 (Small).JPG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread